Maintaining public libraries is the waste of money, since computer technology is now replacing their functions. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Maintaining public libraries is the waste of money, since computer technology is now replacing their functions. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

• Zeehau Ren
    University: University of Jinan
    Nationality: University of Jinan
    March 12, 2020 at 1:41 pm

Maintaining public libraries is the waste of money, since computer technology is now replacing their functions. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It’s an increasingly widespread concern that individuals nowadays tend to look up material online instead of consulting the library,which makes many people think over the issue regarding whether the investment on keeping libraries is unnecessary. I cannot agree with this opinion.

It’s true that libraries are not useful as they used to be. Nowadays, to look up materials,we can just open our laptop,tapping the keywords,and then search.And the result always meet our expectation.However,going to library and look for a book from towns and resources rooms is rather time-consuming. Therefore,many people prefer searching for what they want on the Internet instead of going to the library.

However,the library still harbor functions which Internet don’t provide. For instance,libraries hold off-line reading meetings, reading marathon and writing contest from time to time。That’s a good way to help citizens broaden the view from others’ sharing and enlarge their circle of friends. If the library don’t exist, this kind of joy will also disappear.

Moreover,libraries play a pivotal role in the society. For many colleges, even cities,the library is not only a tool for searching with references or reading,but the symbol of the culture in this area,books in the library is carried the wisdom of predecessors and motivate us to move forward as well as create a brighter future. That is the implication which cannot be replaced by modern technology.

To conclude,I still harbor the view that it is worthwhile to spend money maintaining the libraries. In the long term,both library and technology can benefit a lot.

Zeehau Ren
    March 12, 2020 at 1:45 pm

Could you please help me to correct my composition?

March 12, 2020 at 2:56 pm

Score: 47.1

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Zeehau Ren
    March 13, 2020 at 2:32 am

It’s an increasingly widespread concern that individuals nowadays tend to look up materials online instead of consulting the library. Many people think over the issue regarding whether the investment in keeping libraries is unnecessary. My view is that libraries still bring us good in this internet age, and we should make effort to maintain it.

It’s obvious that libraries are not as useful as they used to be. Nowadays, to look up materials, we can simply open our laptop, tapping the keywords, and then search. And the results always satisfy us. However, going to a library and looking for a book from tons of resources rooms is rather time-consuming. Therefore, many people prefer searching for what they want on the Internet, instead of going to the library. However, the library still harbor functions which the Internet don’t provide. For instance, libraries hold off-line reading meetings, reading marathons and writing contests from time to time. That’s a fabulous way to help citizens broaden their views from others’ sharing and enlarge their circle of friends. If libraries don’t exist, this kind of joy will also disappear.

Moreover, libraries play a pivotal role in building local characteristics. For many cities, even countries, the library is not only a tool for reading or searching for references, but a symbol of the culture in this area. Books in the library also carry the wisdom of predecessors and can motivate us to move forward as well as create a brighter future. That is the implication which distinguishes libraries from computers.

To conclude, I still harbor the view that spending money maintaining the libraries is worthwhile. In the long term, both library and technology can benefit us a lot.

March 17, 2020 at 1:57 am

Score: 49.9

It’s [informal writing ]an increasingly widespread concern that individuals nowadays tend to look up materials online instead of consulting the library. Many people doubt think over the issue regarding whether the investment[word form error ] in keeping libraries is unnecessary. My view is that libraries still bring us good [ unclear]in this internet age, and we should make[article error ] effort to maintain it[unclear pronoun ].

It’s[ informal ] obvious that libraries are not as useful as they used to be. Nowadays, to look up materials, we can simply open our laptop, tapping[unparalleled ] the keywords, and then search. And [punctuation error with coordinating word ]the results always satisfy us. However, going to a library and looking for a book from tons of resources rooms is rather time-consuming. Therefore, many people prefer searching [wrong word form ]for[redundant ] what they want on the Internet, instead of going to the library. However, the library still harbor functions which the Internet don’t [ grammatical error]provide. For instance, libraries hold off-line reading meetings, reading marathons and writing contests from time to time. That’s [informal ]a fabulous way to help citizens broaden their views[wrong phrase ] from others’ sharing and enlarge their circle of friends[wordy ]. If libraries don’t exist, this kind of joy will also disappear[grammatical error with subjunctive voice ].

Moreover, libraries play a pivotal role in building local characteristics[unclear ]. For many cities, even countries, the library is not only a tool for reading or searching for references, [ punctuation error]but a symbol of the culture in this area. Books in the library also carry the wisdom of predecessors and can motivate us to move forward as well as create a brighter future. That is the implication which distinguishes libraries from computers.

To conclude, I still harbor the view [wordy ]that spending money maintaining the libraries is worthwhile. In the long term, both library and technology can benefit us a lot.