Many countries believe that international tourism has harmful effects.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Many countries believe that international tourism has harmful effects.

• edwinaniu
    University: Chongqing telecommunication& post university
    Nationality: China
    October 11, 2020 at 6:56 pm

Many countries believe that international tourism has harmful effects. Why do they think so? What can be done to change their views?

Many individuals consider that foreign tourism has brought some detrimental factors to those countries. This essay will be arguing about the possible reasons. Something needs to be done to change their opinions and, to ensure that, we first need to understand why they hold that opinion.

There are a variety of reasons why these countries suffer from negative impacts. First, tourists from overseas create pollution and waste. Throwing the plastic bottle, producing fume gases or bringing the noise from these people disturbs the pace of life, which puts more pressure on local resources. Secondly, some visitors disrespect for local customs and traditional cultures. For example, two years ago, when I was traveling to one of the historical temples in Thailand, there were still some people wearing short skirt or vest, which has been triggering negative emotions to those who have religious beliefs. Lastly, damaging historical monument or natural landmarks gives these countries incalculable loss has been increasing among the tourists, thereby imposing on the government’s financial burden.

In order to change the negative views on tourism development, only can the government play a main role in this situation. On the one hand, the government should explain the pros of the international tourism which contributes to the development of the local economy, they not only spend money in restaurants and hotels but also provides more job opportunities to the local citizen. On the other hand, the government should enhance the awareness of foreign tourists through a range of media tools such as roadside billboards or advertisements in the public area, including  “friendly warnings” in the historical heritage, and visitors should be encouraged to drop litter correctly.

In conclusion, there is no doubt that the local citizen have unpleasant feelings , for those tourists who really have bad behaviors. But in my opinion, the government’s participation in a great extent can change the local individual’s negative thinking, by issuing a variety of advantages which has brought by international tourism and raising the awareness among tourists in order to protect the resident’s resources.

October 14, 2020 at 4:00 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    3. Make your argument clear in the introduction, do not just state that you will be making an argument, what is your argument?

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

edwinaniu
    University: Chongqing telecommunication& post university
    Nationality: China
    October 15, 2020 at 2:26 am

Foreign tourism tends to be a famous icon in recent years. In this essay, I first of all examine the reasons for the detrimental influences, then I suggest how this opinion may be changed.

There are a variety of reasons why these countries suffer from adverse impacts. One reason is that tourists from overseas create pollution and waste, such as throwing the plastic bottle, producing high-traffic volume and bringing the noise from visitors, has caused the pace of life significantly. The other reason is some visitors disrespect for local customs and traditional cultures. For example, two years ago, when I was travelling to one of the historical temples in Thailand, some people who were wearing short skirt or vest, which is easy to trigger to those who have religious beliefs.

To change the opposing views on tourism development, the government may take effective measures in this situation. The government should explain the benefits of international tourism, and the local economy can benefit from the tourism industry. For example, during the vacation, the customer will spend money in restaurants and hotels, then the authority could be publicized this aspect. Meanwhile, The government should enhance the awareness of foreign tourists, ranging from roadside billboards to advertisements in the public area; it may reduce the harmful effect.

In conclusion, while international tourism might bring a negative effect on the local’s life, personally, it can increase the nation’s income. The government should introduce laws to protect the standard of citizens’ life.

October 16, 2020 at 3:04 pm

Score: 42.3

Issues:

1. Lengthy paragraphs. Restrict each paragraph to 90 words.
    2. About 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    3. Wordy – remove unnecessary words to make your argument clearer

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.