Many governments think that economic progress is their most important goal. Some people, however, think that other types of progress are equally important for a country. 

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Many governments think that economic progress is their most important goal. Some people, however, think that other types of progress are equally important for a country. 

• chunyen
    University: Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
    Nationality: China
    October 25, 2022 at 5:18 am

Many governments think that economic progress is their most important goal. Some people, however, think that other types of progress are equally important for a country. 

While many governments are trying to emphasize the dominant status of economy development, some people argue that other types of progress are equally important. In my opinion, all kinds of progress matter and we should reach a balance between economy development and other progress.

The “economy first” supporters may argue that as the economic theory points out, economy is the supply side of the society which produces all kinds of goods and services, while other social sectors are the demand side which consumes all the things created by the economy. In light of this theory, without the economy progress, the demand of the society will never be satisfied and people cannot live a happy life in the absence of all these goods and services. As a result, it is natural to give priority to the economy development.

However, other people think that if we lay too much emphasis on economy growth, other types of social progress may mismatch with the economy growth, preventing further economy growth. The proof is that other social progress on one hand benefits from economy development, and on the other have a strong retroaction to further economy growth. For example, an under-funded and undeveloped education system, without enough facilities and resources, fails to teach students with both academic abilities needed in the scientific research and professional skills needed in the job market. In this situation, the labor market can no longer get qualified human capital, leading to a drop in productivity and economy will also be in stagnation.  In my opinion, I strongly support that all kinds of social progress are equally important, and though economy is undeniably the core engine of social development, it should not grow compromising other social progress. A balanced development pattern should be built.

To sum up, although economy is the center piece of social development, other social progress should also be taken seriously to make the society run more healthily and steadily.

October 29, 2022 at 8:24 pm

Fix the errors indicated on the screenshot reviews.

October 29, 2022 at 8:25 pm

Please add my WeChat account.