Many people prefer to watch foreign films rather than locally produced films. Why could this be? Should governments give more financial support to local film industries?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Many people prefer to watch foreign films rather than locally produced films. Why could this be? Should governments give more financial support to local film industries?

• Evelyn_
    University: Shandong Normal University
    Nationality: China
    March 1, 2022 at 12:23 pm

Many people prefer to watch foreign films rather than locally produced films. Why could this be? Should governments give more financial support to local film industries?

It is true that the public prefer to watch foreign films instead of those produced domestically in many countries. There are many reasons for this. In my opinion, officials should financially support the development of film-making industries.

As for the factors related to consumers’ choices, firstly, some locally-made films could not satisfy their expectations of special effects and actors. For example, film-lovers are crazy about Titanic, which is one of the most popular movies all over the world, not only because of the thrilling plot, the moving story, but also the well-accomplished actor, Leonardo DiCaprio. Besides, the second reason may be the curiosity of various cultures in other areas. This kind of feeling could also be a strong motivation for individuals to make a decision.

I think the government has the responsibility to provide more financial support for the flourishing of film industries. On the one hand, local productions could build the public’s sense of belonging in the cultural aspect and influence their ideas subconsciously. Therefore, as time goes on, national bonds could be built and strengthened, uniting the citizens in the country. However, low-budget local movies tend to lack depth, not as educational and impressive as high-budget ones. On the other hand, flourishing film-making industries with enough financial support could employ many people, lowering the rate of unemployment and bringing sources of income. For instance, Hollywood, a world-famous film-making area, produces hit films and attracts millions of travellers every year, creating a bunch of job opportunities for locals. If film industries can be funded by governments, many aspects will benefit from that.

In conclusion, the reasons for people preferring foreign films contain financial and non-financial ones, however, I firmly believe that the government should subsidize the film industries for the potential income of different fields.

March 1, 2022 at 3:27 pm

Fix issues evidenced on the screenshot reviews. Limit each paragraph to 90 words.

Evelyn_
    University: Shandong Normal University
    Nationality: China
    March 2, 2022 at 11:32 am

Thanks for your review. Could you explain the marks in details? Thanks!

March 13, 2022 at 3:38 am

Check my WeChat reply.