Many people prefer to watch foreign films rather than locally produced films. Why could this be? Should governments give more financial support to local film industries?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Many people prefer to watch foreign films rather than locally produced films. Why could this be? Should governments give more financial support to local film industries?

• feng0113
    University: Beijing sports university
    Nationality: China
    July 13, 2020 at 2:32 am

Many people prefer to watch foreign films rather than locally produced films. Why could this be? Should governments give more financial support to local film industries?

A large population among the world find the foreign films more attracted than local films. To improve this environment, the department should support the local filmmakers financially.

The foreign films do have some advantages compared with local films. The most important thing is that companies in Hollywood has a mature process to support their producers accomplish their idea totally. In every parts of filmmaking, from screenplay to choosing actors, there are always experts can do it perfectly. Some dangerous and marvellous scene can be making in their computers simply, which needs a large budgets but with their around world market is not a killer for them. For a long period, film stars and directors all go there to get good salary and completed arrangement, absorbing genius from countries with bad film industry.

In my opinion,governments should support their national filmmakers with both money and policies. Different from other culture industry, its need a deal of budgets to make good films and establish their own industry which can give our filmmakers enough support to make masterpiece instead of going to big companies like Warner Bros. It also can provide numerous job opportunity to our society and make great box office from local audience. Moreover, winning well-known award can enhance our national confidence and spread national culture around the world. But back to the topic, all these things can not be done in a bad environment with insufficient budgets.

Movie is a big part of culture and economics, I believe supporting local films can raise its quantity to compete with the foreign films.

July 15, 2020 at 9:51 pm

Score: 57.7

Issues:

1. About 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. Many words/articles were wrongly used. 

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

feng0113
    University: Beijing sports university
    Nationality: China
    July 16, 2020 at 6:10 am

Currently ,more and more people find foreign films more attractive than local movies. To improve this environment, the department should support the local filmmakers financially.

The foreign films do have some advantages compared with local films. The most important thing is a mature procedure ,which support their producer to realize their ideas, like Warner brothers and other Hollywood companies.There are experts in every steps of filmmakeing, who can guarantee quantities of their movies from scripts to clothes. Marvelous scenes which is hard to find in normal life, new technology can be used to produce these instead of dangers to staffs.Although these cost a lot of money, with their over world market that is not a killer. For a long period of time, film stars and directors are absorbed to big companies for high salary and better phenomenon.

In my opinion, government should support their national filmmakers with both money and policies. Different from other culture industry, filmmaking need huge budgets to make good films and establish their own film industry, the latter can support local filmmakers to make masterpieces locally instead of making movies in other lands. It also can provide many job opportunities to our society and get high box office from local audience. Moreover, winning influential award can enhance nation’s confidence and spread culture around the world. But back to the topic, all these things can not be done in a disordered environment with insufficient budgets.

Cinema is a big part of culture and economics, I believe we can benefit a lot from supporting local films.

July 16, 2020 at 3:45 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 35% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. Many grammatical errors.
    3. Lots of words were wrongly used.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.