Max Letter of Recommendation

• Max
    University: Sun Yat-sen University
    Nationality: China
    June 26, 2019 at 11:33 am

Dear Admission Officer,

This is a recommendation for my student Mr. Max Yang for his application for postgraduate studies. It is my pleasure to recommend Mr. Yang to study in your institution, as he is one of my best students in the course of Algebra in the 2018-2019 academic year.

Mr. Yang stood out in my course not only because he had excellent grades in coursework but also he was one of my most curious and inquisitive students in that class. He often approached me before and after class to discuss problems and ideas he had in algebra. I found the student to be an independent thinker and in possession of great communication skills, being able to describe matters accurately and in a structured, clear fashion. I realized he had mastered the subject well as we discussed many advanced topics over the course, and Mr. Yang was able to articulate his thoughts with precision and logic.

I should bring your attention to the face that Mr. Yang took effort to earn extra credit in my course by working on optional challenging maths problems I gave out over the course. These are difficult problems for elite students, and Mr. Yang was among a handful of students who were able to finish them all with quality. In the end he achieved an excellent score of 90/100 in my course.

In all, Mr. Yang is worthy of a place to study in any world class institution. His knowledge and skills in mathematics will lead him far in education as well as career.

Professor XXX

Sun Yat-sen University

Mobile: xxxxxxxxx

Email: xxxxxxxxx

June 28, 2019 at 3:39 pm

Dear Admission Officer, [Informal]

This is a recommendation for my student Mr. Max Yang for his application for postgraduate studies[Redundant/failure to outline student’s intended program]. It is my pleasure to recommend Mr. Yang to study in your institution[Repetition], as he is one of my best [vague/exaggerated] students in the course of Algebra in the 2018-2019 academic year.

Mr. Yang stood out in my course not only because he had excellent grades in coursework but also he was one of my most curious[exaggerated writing; sounds uncomfortable even it is true] and inquisitive students in that class. He often approached me before and after class to discuss problems and ideas he had in algebra. I found the student to be an independent thinker and in possession of great communication skills, being able to describe matters accurately and in a structured, clear fashion. [Evidence fails to prove student’s academic curiosity]I realized he had mastered the subject well as we discussed many advanced topics over the course, and Mr. Yang was able to articulate his thoughts with precision and logic. [From this paragraph, readers are unable to obtain any substantive information that testifies to the applicant’s strength in Mathematics/Algebra.]

I should bring your attention to the face that Mr. Yang took effort to earn extra credit in my course by working on optional challenging maths problems I gave out over the course. These are difficult problems for elite students, and Mr. Yang was among a handful of students who were able to finish them all with quality. In the end he achieved an excellent score of 90/100 in my course. [Same issues as the those of the last paragraph.]

In all, Mr. Yang is worthy of a place to study in any world class institution. His knowledge and skills in mathematics will lead him far in education as well as career. [No, the admissions panel will NOT accept this applicant.]

Professor XXX

Sun Yat-sen University

I don’t proofread RLs for free, so please contact me should you need further service from me.