Government hires police attract tourists

• April 16, 2019 at 4:54 pm

Yuyuwo

University: Tsinghua University

Nationality: China

April 9, 2019 at 12:24 pm

[This essay had been proofread by WritersForMe.com prior publication. Details see: https://writersforme.com/yuyuwo-toefl-essay-20190415/

TOPIC: In order to attract tourists, governments should improve safety by hiring police rather than improve appearances by repairing old buildings and streets.

Tourist income is one of the most important yields of local government. The government has put forward many ways to attract more tourists to increase revenue. Some people claim that safety plays a chief role when people choose a place to visit. However, as far as I am concerned, improving appearances by repairing old buildings and streets is a better choice.

To begin with, good facilities will provide tourists with better experiences. People who live in modern cities have become used to convenient facilities. They will be very satisfied if they are able to get access to the Internet anywhere, charge mobile phones when eating, take a taxi anywhere, etc.. That is to say, improved facilities are the guarantee of fulfilling these requirements. Complaints will be made if tourists feel inconvenienced and they may persuade their friends not to visit this place.

In addition, old buildings and streets represent the historic culture of a city. People who plan to travel are more willing to visit places that have old buildings. They have already become accustomed to, or even tired of, mansions. Places that have historic buildings will be the first choice for people. Taking myself as an example, when planning to travel during my last vacation, I chose the Forbidden City without hesitation. This place has intact historic architecture so that I could feel and know the history of ancient Beijing from these old buildings.

Admittedly, hiring police to improve safety is a tempting way to attract tourists. It will leave the city with the reputation of having good public security. Nevertheless, the benefits of maintaining old buildings and streets outweigh those due to/resulting from improving safety by hiring police. It is utter nonsense to merely hire more police without any valuable old buildings.

To sum up, in order to attract more tourists, governments should improve the appearance of physical infrastructure by repairing old buildings and streets since it will give tourists more pleasant experiences.

Comments: Very good work! Please note the recommended changes and/or suggestions. You would likely receive a ‘3’ for this essay, but if you can reduce the number of basic grammar issues you should soon be able to score a ‘4’. Good luck!