Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• wendyliu
    University: TUC
    Nationality: China
    October 25, 2019 at 7:19 am

TOEFL Writing Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I believe it is a common misunderstanding that young people cannot control themselves especially referring to entertainment such as movies and television. The young age gives a lot of people the excuse to judge a certain group of people, i.e., the young. Actually, most of young people can benefit from the modern industry of movies and television. I am sure that the positive effects can outweigh the negative effects brought from movies and television.

Young people have their plan when they are watching movies or television for fun. It is true that some people are addicted to movies and television. Yet not all of those are young people. We can find adults and the elder among them, especially the housewives. Therefore, it is not fair to criticize young people as a whole. Most of young people know what they are doing, and properly arrange their time for homework and entertainment.

Some of the young people wisely transform their favor for movies and television into the passion for learning a foreign language. In my country, many young people watch foreign movies like Hollywood movies to learn English. My study experience can serve as a good example. I study British accent by watching British TV series, and learn American accent through watching movies produced by the United States. It is quite common in my country. Foreign movies and TV shows provide lively and economical language class for second-language learners all over the world. Millions of young people benefit from this.

Admittedly, movies and televisions do have some negative effects to our society and some of our young people in particular. However, it is not the whole story. Most of the modern young people are wise enough to behave with reason. I believe the positive effects of movies and television can outweigh the negative effects in terms of our young people’s behavior.

October 27, 2019 at 1:45 am

Score: 65.6

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

wendyliu
    University: TUC
    Nationality: China
    October 28, 2019 at 10:21 am

version II:

I believe it is a common misunderstanding that young people cannot control themselves primarily referring to entertainment such as movies and television. The young age gives a lot of people the excuse to judge a group of people, i.e., the young. However, most young people can benefit from the modern industry of movies and television. I am sure that the positive effects can outweigh the counter effects brought from films and television.

Young people have a plan when they are watching movies or television for fun. Most of young people know what they are doing, and properly arrange their time for homework and entertainment. Some people are addicted to movies and television. Yet not all of those are young people. We can find adults and the elder among them, especially the housewives. Therefore, it is not fair to criticize young people as a whole.

Some of the young people wisely transform their favor for movies and television into the passion for learning a foreign language. In my country, many young people watch foreign movies like Hollywood movies to learn English. My study experience can serve as a good example. I study British accent by watching British TV series and learn American accent through watching movies produced by the United States. It is quite common in my country. Foreign movies and TV shows provide lively and economical language classes for second-language learners all over the world. Millions of young people benefit from this.

Admittedly, movies and televisions do have some negative effects with our society and some of our young people in particular. However, it is not the whole story. Most of the modern young people are wise enough to behave with reason. I believe the positive effects of movies and television can outweigh the negative effects in terms of our young people’s behavior.

November 2, 2019 at 1:35 am

Score: 65.7

I believe it is a common misunderstanding that young people cannot control themselves primarily referring to entertainment such as in terms of watching movies and television. The young age gives a lot of people the excuse to judge a group of people, i.e., the young. However, most young people can benefit from the modern industry of movies and television [ logically confusing ]. I am sure that the positive effects can outweigh the counter effects brought from by films and television.

Young Many young people have a plan when they are watching watch movies or television for fun. Most Since most of young people them know what they are doing, and properly they are able to arrange their time for homework and entertainment properly. Some people are/become addicted to movies and television. Yet , yet not all of those are young people. We can find adults and the elder among them, especially the even housewives. Therefore, it is not fair to criticize young people as a whole.

Some of the young people wisely transform their favor for indulgement of movies and television into the passion for learning a foreign language. In my country, many young people watch foreign movies like Hollywood movies to learn English. My study experience can serve as a good example. I study British accent by watching British TV series and learn American accent through watching movies produced by the United States. It This practice is quite common in my country. Foreign movies and TV shows provide lively and economical language classes for second-language learners all over the world. Millions of young people benefit from this them.

Admittedly, movies and televisions do have some negative effects with on our society and some of our young people in particular. However, it is not the whole story. Most of the modern young people are wise enough to behave with reason. I believe the positive effects of movies and television can outweigh the negative effects in terms of shaping our young people’s behavior.