Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• learning
    University: Yunnan University
    Nationality: China
    April 29, 2022 at 4:04 am

Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

In modern days, there have been a number of discussions about the influence of movies and TV on teenagers. Some people may assert that they do harm to the young generation. However, in my opinion, the advantages of them outweigh their drawbacks. I feel this way for two reasons which I will explore in the following essay.

First of all, just like reading books, movies and television are also channels for us to learn more things, from history to science. There is no doubt that there are programs targeted at different needs, so what we should do is to utilize them appropriately. My experience in campus life is a compelling example. I was once asked by my professor to launch an investigation on a certain period of time in China. I had no resources at first but soon I realized that I could turn to documentaries for help. After that, I got a lot of information from TV programs and films. In the end, my investigation results turned out to be outstanding. Had it not been for searching for information on these channels, I would never have been able to fulfil this task so excellently. From this experience, the importance of them when it comes to studying is proved.

Furthermore, watching movies or television is also a recommended way to relax for young people There is no doubt that the burdens on young generations are much heavier than their counterparts of the last century. They have to work or study for an exceedingly long time. As a result, all they desire to do when going back home is to sink into the sofa, switch on the TV and search for their favorite program. A voice may rise that they can also do exercise to have a rest. However, it is impractical when young people are totally worn out.

In a nutshell, as far as their advantages in learning and relaxation are concerned, I strongly hold the opinion that the statement saying movies and televisions have more weaknesses than strengths is not true.

April 30, 2022 at 2:05 am

In modern days, there (have been)[  is ] a number of discussions [discussion   ]about the influence of movies and TV[  programs ] on teenagers. Some people may assert that theydo harm to the young generation. However, in [ In  ]my opinion, [  however, ]the advantages of them[ unclear pronoun  ] outweigh their[ unclear pronoun  ] drawbacks. I feel this way for two reasons which I will explore in the following essay. [ summarize the reasons  ]

First of all, just like reading books, movies and television are also channels for us to learn more things, from history to science. There is no doubt that there are [ Since some  ]programs targeted at [our   ] different needs, so what we should do is to utilize them appropriately. My experience in campus life is a compelling example. I was once asked by my [My   ]professor [once asked me   ] to launch an investigation on [research xxx that happened during   ]a certain period of time in China. [ Although  ]I had no resources at first[,   ] but soon I realized that I could turn to documentaries for help. After that, I got a lot of information from TV programs and films. In the end, my investigation results turned out to be outstanding. Had it not been for searching for information on these channels, I would never have been able to fulfil this task[ successfully  ] so excellently. From this[ This  ] experience [ validates /attests to ], the importance of [ movie and TV sources for social science research  ]them when it comes to studying is proved.

Furthermore, watching movies or television is also a recommended way to [helps young people to   ]relax for young people [.   ]There is no doubt that [Since   ]the burdens on young generations[the youth   ] are much[is/becomes   ] heavier than [ what  ] their counterparts of the last century [ assumed, they  ]. They have to work or study for an exceedingly long time. As a result, all they desire to do [would rather sink into the sofa   ]when going back home is to sink into the sofa, switch[ing   ] on the TV and search[ing   ] for their favorite program. A voice may rise that [ Even though  ]they can also do exercise to have a rest. However, it is impractical when young people [, most of them are reluctant to do so since they  ]are totally worn out.

In a nutshell,[  Use literal writing ][ In conclusion,  ] as far as their [/ in terms of/in light of  ][ the  ]advantages in learning and relaxation[ as discussed above  ] are concerned, I strongly hold the opinion that the statement saying[that   ] movies and televisions have more weaknesses than strengths is [ a rash conclusion  ] not true.