Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• Hive
    University: Wuhan University
    Nationality: China
    July 28, 2020 at 9:24 am

Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Movies and televisions are undoubtedly part of the best inventions in this era since they provide visual feast such as fierce scenes and intense fighting for us. But as we enjoy the benefits they bring about, a problem which emerges concomitantly is whether they are doing harm to young people. Taking the development of teenagers into account, I have to admit that they are influencing the juvenile more negatively than positively.

One important thing that we can not neglect pertaining to movies and televisions is their adverse impact on the teenagers’ cognition, especially in terms of violence. It is universally known that movies are inevitably interspersed with blood and battering. And televisions, on which some of violent scenes will be played, are always accessible to teens nowadays. There was a psychological experiment figuring out whether watching aggressive video would make the kid behave more violently. The answer was yes. These kinds of video will trigger children’s impulse to beat at somebody. Therefore, the movies and televisions are negatively altering the cognition of the young.

Moreover, children who are obsessed with movies and televisions have more inclination to losing their motivation to study. Since movies are very fascinating, chances are that children will be addicted to them, which will consequently leads to their disinterest in something more meaningful. There was a time when I was so keen about Marvel movies that I kept watching the whole series of movies for consecutive days without doing any homework. The result was a failure in the final exam. What I want to stress is that movies and televisions will destroy a kid who has not yet develop the ability to be self-control and to manage the time.

Therefore, considering both the positive and negative impact of movies and televisions, I am deeply convinced that the adverse effect of them outweighs the positive one.

July 28, 2020 at 10:08 pm

Invalid [Please complete the revision of your other essay prior to resubmitting this one.]

Tagged: