Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave.

• September 10, 2019 at 2:36 am

TOEFL Writing Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Student essay.

With the development of visual technology, movies and television have become more popular. Subsequently, watching films and television program has become a trend of entertainment. Some people are concerned that it has passive effects on the way young people behave. From my personal experience, positive aspects of movies and television outweigh negative ones.

To start with, the themes of movies and television programs are diverse ranging from amusing shows to serious education, which enriches the spiritual world of teenagers. Movies are a method of expression that relates a story to the audience, and TV is a form of media to convey information. Young people can fit into the narratives, no matter if they are love stories or criminal films, via a great movie. Also, most of the TV stations broadcast the latest movies around the world and the recreational shows do not occupy all TV channels at all the time. Therefore, movies and television broaden the horizon of young people but do not misguide them.

Moreover, movies and television teach young people about all kinds of knowledge. For instance, CCTV-10 was my favorite TV channel when I attended middle school and high school. A TV program called exploration and discovery displayed the archaeological process of unearthing ancient tombs. The mysterious and thrilling program taught history subtly and triggered a trend of archaeology learning. Likewise, teenagers experience love and sympathy, or any other emotion, through the lives of characters in movies.

In conclusion, movies and television impact young people positively. It is undeniable that watching films and television programs could affect young teens in a negative way. Teens waste their time in front of television and develop an addiction to TV shows or soap operas. However, the effect of these two media forms depends on how you use them. As for the overall comparison, the positive aspects of movies and television outweigh the negative ones.

October 27, 2019 at 1:41 am

Score: 55.6

I am unable to locate the author of this essay. Please contact me via WeChat if you are the author, and I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors of your essay. Thank you!