Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• Yuyan
    University: ECUPL
    Nationality: China
    September 4, 2019 at 3:43 pm

TOEFL Writing Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

With the development of acoustic and visual technology, movies and television become more popular than it were. Accompanied the influence of this entertainment trend, some people would say movies and television have their negative effects on the way young people behave. From my personal experience as an adult who was a young student,  positive aspects of movies and television overweight negative ones.

To start with,themes of movies and television programs diverse from amusement to serious education. Movies is a method of expression that tell audience a story, and TV is a media to convey information. Young people can read a vividly story, no matter love stories or criminal films, via a great movie, that enrich the inner world of teenagers. Also, most of TV channel broadcast latest news around the world, the amusement show does not occupy all TV channel at all the time. Therefore, movies and television just are regarded as a kind of method or media, the negative effects someone concerns about contributed to the abusing of them but not movies and TV themselves.

Moreover, movies and television educate young people about all kinds of knowledge. For instance, CCTV-10 was my favorite TV channel when I attend middle school and high school. A program called exploration and discovery, which is similar to BBC discovery, displays the archaeological process of many ancient tombs. The mysterious and thrilling program really interested me and taught history knowledge in an invisible way. Likewise, movies teach young teens to realize what is love and sympathy, which only can learn from moving stories.

In conclusion, movies and television impact young people positively. It is undeniable that movies and television do affect young teens in a negative way especially in the aspect of time wasting. However, the effects from these two media depend on how you utilize them. As for the overall significance of movies and television to young people, positive aspects of movies and television overweight negative ones.

September 5, 2019 at 2:01 am

Score: 50.7

Please shorten/split sentences exceeding 20 words. Also, change passive sentences into their active counterparts if you can.

I will send you screenshots in relation to your essay errors/problems. Please correct them and resubmit your essay.

Regards,

Lin Qiu

Yuyan
    University: ECUPL
    Nationality: China
    September 6, 2019 at 2:18 am

With the development of visual technology, movies and television become more popular than it was. Subsequently, watching films and television program turns into a trend of entertainment. some people would concern that it has passive effects on the way young people behave. From my personal experience, positive aspects of movies and television overweight negative ones.

To start with, themes of movies and television programs diverse from amusing show to serious education, which enrich the spiritual world of teenagers. Movie is a method of expression that relate the audience a story, and TV is a media to convey information. Young people can fit into a narrative, no matter love stories or criminal films, via a great movie. Also, most of the TV program broadcast the latest around the world and the recreational show does not occupy all TV channel at all the time. Therefore, movie and television broaden the horizon of young people but not misguide them.

Moreover, movies and television educate young people about all kinds of knowledge. For instance, CCTV-10 was my favorite TV channel when I attended middle school and high school. A TV program, called exploration and discovery, displayed the archaeological process of unearthing ancient tombs. The mysterious and thrilling program taught history subtly and triggered a trend of archaeology learning. Likewise, teenagers experience love and sympathy, or any other emotion, through the life of characters in movies.

In conclusion, movies and television impact young people positively. It is undeniable thatwatching films and television programwould affect young teens in a negative way. Teens waste their time in front of television contributed to the addiction in TV shows or soap opera. However, the effects of these two media depend on how you use them. As for the overall comparation, positive aspects of movies and television overweight negative ones.

September 9, 2019 at 1:21 am

Ok. I will get back to you with the final revision shortly.

Regards,

Lin Qiu

September 10, 2019 at 2:05 am