Only movies that can teach us something about real life are worth watching.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Only movies that can teach us something about real life are worth watching.

• kikiiii
    University: Nanjing Forestry University
    Nationality: chinese
    August 5, 2020 at 4:10 pm

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Only movies that can teach us something about real life are worth watching.

In this fast-paced world, watching movies is quite an entertainment for individuals. However, someone argues only the movies that teach us about real life are beneficial. From my perspective, I cannot agree this argument.

First, it seems that movies have benefits for people except educational functions. Some people may watch some documents for knowledge, while others just relax themselves. The latter just need a movie which has a simple storyline and bring them laughter. For example, once I cannot understand why my uncle, a successful entrepreneur likes comedy. Later I understand that after working a long day and dealing with tricky assignments, he enjoys sitting on the sofa with families watching the movies that is easy for the whole family to understand and chat with.

Second, it is important that we learn from not only movies reflecting the real life but also movies imagining the future. Science fiction movies stimulate people and give scientists inspiration for inventing. The incredible things today may take place in the future. For instance, when the first person proposed a plane others cannot believe that human can achieve it and travel across the Pacific Ocean within hours today. I claim that with the development of technology, the picture occurred in the science fictions movie will happen one day.  Watching these movies is a good way for people to cultivate imagination and creativity, which helps improve individual’s competence in these society.

Although someone insists that people can only learn lessons from movies about real life, it is biased. Admittedly, people are familiar with the movie reflecting real life and learn things directly from the role’s behaviors and subsequent influences. However, others like disaster movies also tell us a lot. Compared with traditional movie, they exaggerate matters while tell us truths in an implicit way. For example, The Wandering Earth alarms us to protect the earth and clarify the fact that perseverance is victory.

To sum up, judging from the advantages of different types of movies, we are able to draw a conclusion that each type of movie has its own advantages and attract specific audiences.

August 7, 2020 at 8:32 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Word choice errors
    2. Pronoun errors
    3. Subject-verb agreement errors
    4. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.