东北大学Data Science 和 CMU Information Systems

• lhyhyfwjwf1
    University: Beijing Foreign Studies University
    Nationality: Beijing Foreign Studies University
    April 11, 2019 at 1:41 am

东北大学Data Science 和 卡梅的 Information Systems

Statement of Purpose

老师好,

我目前收到了东北大学的Master of Science in Data Science 和 卡梅的 Master of Information Systems Management: Global。

目标是毕业之后做data scientist技术岗,在美国工作三年后回国。

东北大学的项目在工程学院下面是我想学的。卡梅的话有一半的课程是商科管理类课程,而且这个项目要去澳大利亚一年,然后再回美国读一年,虽然毕业证书没啥区别但是感觉澳洲教学水平没有美国校区好,但好处就是项目时间较长可以在澳大利亚把必修课修完到了匹兹堡可以选一些硬核的课。主要纠结的是两个学校的名气让我很纠结,然后再就是关于商科管理类的课程考虑到以后年纪大了也不可能一直搞技术,所以可能还是需要学一些管理类的课程?

附上两个学校项目的链接:

卡梅https://www.heinz.cmu.edu/programs/information-systems-management-master/global

东北:https://www.khoury.northeastern.edu/program/data-science-ms/#_ga=2.88271835.1721411246.1554872814-1428293756.1553823996

麻烦老师给点建议谢谢!~

August 20, 2019 at 12:29 pm

Hi,

The Master of Data Science program presented by NEU is a standard one that focuses on data analysis and reasoning.  It puzzles me why the program is jointedly presented by the CS/ECE departments rather than CS/Statistics divisions. For this reason, I am not sure if the program is strong in Statistics, which is a more important aspect of data science.

The CMU Australia program, however, is VERY strong in all aspects of Information Systems Management. Think about this: an Information Systems Engineer is expected to be articulate in programming, information management, system development and management. The CMU Australia program serves these goals with its provision of superb core/elective courses.

Additionally, the CMU program also provides necessary Statistics coursework, in addition to several business management courses. The expanded learning period of 21 months is great, which allows you to acquire more knowledge that can translate into potential career capabilities/possibilities.

As such, I recommend CMU Australia program for you. Congratulations!

Lin Qiu