Nowadays it is not important for people to have regular family meals together.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Nowadays it is not important for people to have regular family meals together.

• deborah
    University: Shandong University
    Nationality: China
    September 21, 2020 at 2:56 pm

Nowadays it is not important for people to have regular family meals together.

With the development of urbanization, more and more labors left local countryside and went into cities seeking for jobs. Therefore, it is regular to see that children, because of business, are living far away from their parents, even if they are in a same city. Some people feel helpless about that and some parents may expect for family meals. Nevertheless, I reject this notion and instead believe that it is not important for people to have regular family meals together but use diversified approach to keep in touch.

First, it is obviously too hard to balance each member’s schedule in a family to have a time for a family meal. Everyone has personal rules of daily life due to different occupational requirements. For example, students always get up early and study till night, saving time from lunches and suppers for more time in relaxing. As to office clerks, they might work overtime for urgent tasks or go out to join social dinners. However, the old have more free time and pay more attention on healthy lifestyle so that they often eat dinner early and go to bed early. If we asked everyone to have family meals together everyday, none wouldn’t feel reluctant.

Additionally, there are varieties of tools using for keeping intimacy with families. The developed Internet, for instance, allow us communicating with everyone you are missing immediately. Every evening I have a video call with my parents through WeChat when I finished my whole schoolwork in my dormitory. We regularly share our daily life including our meals, our work and study, our emotion, interesting news we have read and so on. As a consequence, we get closer to each other even though we don’t take meals together.

In conclusion, I firmly believe that even if the conflict schedules made us to be hard to take family meals together, our heart wouldn’t change. We can still use new technology to keep connect with families. Also, for your and your families’ safety, eating alone is a better choice. Nowadays it is not important to have family meals face-to-face.

October 1, 2020 at 9:29 pm

Score: 62

Issues:

1. About 45% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. Lots of grammatical errors.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

deborah
    University: Shandong University
    Nationality: China
    October 2, 2020 at 2:14 am

With the development of urbanization, more and more laborers left the local countryside and went into cities seeking jobs. So it is regular to see that many children live far away from their parents. Some people may feel helpless and expect for family meals. Yet, I believe it is not necessary for people to have regular family meals together but use diverse approaches to keep in touch.

First, it is too hard to balance each member’s schedule in a family to have a family meal time. Everyone has personal rules of daily life due to different occupational requirements. For example, students always get up early and study till night, saving time from lunches and suppers to relax more. And office clerks might work overtime for urgent tasks or go out to join social dinners. But the old have more free time and pay more attention to health so that they often eat dinners and go to bed early. If we asked everyone to have family meals, none wouldn’t feel reluctant. Thus the regular family meals become a burden and lose their meaning.

Additionally, there are varieties of tools using for keeping in touch with families. Advanced internet allows us communicating with anyone you want immediately. For instance, I have a video call with my parents every night through WeChat every day. We share our daily lives including food, work and study, emotion, interesting news and so on. When I first leave home to study in a university, nothing can be compared with the warmness that these video calls bring to me. As a consequence, I get closer to my parents even though we don’t take meals together.

In a word, I suppose that the conflict schedules make us be hard to take family meals together, but we can still use new technology to contact with families.

October 2, 2020 at 4:51 pm

With the (development of urbanization)[ meaning duplication  ], (more and more)[redundant   ] laborers[ discriminative writing  ] left the[ article error  ] local[redundant   ] countryside and went into[  wrong preposition ] cities seeking[ confusion / this means that they are seeking jobs while walking/driving into cities  ] jobs. So it is regular [  wrong word ]to see that many children live far away from their parents. (Some people may feel helpless)[ new idea introduced without preparation  ] and expect for family meals. Yet, I believe it[  unclear pronoun ] is (not necessary)[replace with one word   ] for people to have regular (family meals together)[meaning duplication   ] but[ grammatical error  ] use diverse approaches to keep in touch.

First, it is too hard to balance each member’s schedule in a family to have a family meal time. Everyone has personal rules of daily life due to different occupational requirements. For example, students always get up early and study till night, saving time from lunches and suppers to relax more. And office clerks might work overtime for urgent tasks or go out to join social dinners. But the old have more free time and pay more attention to health so that they often eat dinners and go to bed early. If we asked everyone to have family meals, none wouldn’t feel reluctant. Thus the regular family meals become a burden and lose their meaning.

Additionally, there are varieties of tools using for keeping in touch with families. Advanced internet allows us communicating with anyone you want immediately. For instance, I have a video call with my parents every night through WeChat every day. We share our daily lives including food, work and study, emotion, interesting news and so on. When I first leave home to study in a university, nothing can be compared with the warmness that these video calls bring to me. As a consequence, I get closer to my parents even though we don’t take meals together.

In a word, I suppose that the conflict schedules make us be hard to take family meals together, but we can still use new technology to contact with families.

October 2, 2020 at 4:57 pm

Partial revision. (All sentences are unclear.)

Tagged: