Nowadays many high schools and universities require students to work on projects in groups, and all members of the group receive the same grade (mark) on the project. Do you agree or disagree that giving every member of a group the same grade is a good way to evaluate students?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Nowadays many high schools and universities require students to work on projects in groups, and all members of the group receive the same grade (mark) on the project. Do you agree or disagree that giving every member of a group the same grade is a good way to evaluate students?

• Sally
    University: No
    Nationality: China
    December 7, 2021 at 12:47 pm

Nowadays many high schools and universities require students to work on projects in groups, and all members of the group receive the same grade (mark) on the project. Do you agree or disagree that giving every member of a group the same grade is a good way to evaluate students?

Group work is very common in university nowadays, it is a very effective way to learn. However, there are arguments about the way to mark students on group projects, some people believe that all students should be marked equally, while others disagree. From my perspective, students shouldn’t receive the score on the project and I will explain my idea in the following essay.

First of all, marking all students with the same score discourage students to work harder. Here is an example, last year my professor gave a complex group project on science that required everyone in the the group to devote themselves to work. However, some students in my group didn’t work as much as they supposed to, since the professor said he would mark everyone the same. So I had to do a lot of extra work in order to finish the project in time, even though I had already finished my part of project. But they end up got the same mark as I did, I felt very unfair and I would probably put less efforts next time. It would be much better if the professor didn’t decide to give us the same score.

In addition, giving different score to enables students to improve themself. If a student did’t do well in the project, and received a relatively low score, comparing his grade to other student who got a high score, he will realize that he still need to work harder next time. What’s more, students can learn from those high-scored students, they can draw lesson from various aspect such as essay writing or analyzing data. However, there won’t be significant contrast in score if students all have the same grade.

In the end, I can draw the conclusion that giving every group member same grade is not a good idea. Because it is harmful for students enthusiasm in group work and it enables students to learn from the better when everyone is not marked the same.

December 8, 2021 at 1:28 pm

Group work is very common in university (plural) nowadays, (add conjunction) it is a very effective way to learn. However, there are arguments about the way to (how to) mark students on group projects, (split into two sentences here) some people believe that all students should be marked equally, while others disagree. From my perspective, students shouldn’t (do not use contractions) receive the score on the project and I will explain my idea in the following essay.

(add spacing between paragraphs)
    First of all, marking all students with the same score discourage students to work harder. Here is an example, last year my professor gave a complex group project on science that required everyone in the the group to devote themselves to work. However, some students in my group didn’t work as much as they (missing verb) supposed to, since the professor said he would mark everyone the same. So I had to do a lot of extra work in order to finish the project in time, even though I had already finished my part of (missing article) project. But they end up got (verb form error) the same mark as I did, I felt very unfair and I would probably put less (quantifier error) efforts next time. It would be much better if the professor didn’t decide to give us the same score.
    In addition, giving different score to enables students to improve themself. If a student did’t do well in the project, and received a relatively low score, comparing his grade to other student who got a high score, he will realize that he still need to work harder next time. What’s more, students can learn from those high-scored students, they can draw lesson from various aspect such as essay writing or analyzing data. However, there won’t be significant contrast in score if students all have the same grade.
    In the end, I can draw the conclusion that giving every group member same grade is not a good idea. Because it is harmful for students enthusiasm in group work and it enables students to learn from the better when everyone is not marked the same.

December 8, 2021 at 1:28 pm

Partial Revision (please fix similar errors, revise whole essay, and resubmit)

Sally
    University: No
    Nationality: China
    December 9, 2021 at 9:38 am

Group work is very common in universities(plural) nowadays, and (add conjunction) it is a very effective way to learn. However, there are arguments about how to mark students on group projects. (split into two sentences here) Some people believe that all students should be marked equally, while others disagree. From my perspective, students should not (do not use contractions) receive the score on the project and I will explain my idea in the following essay.

First of all, marking all students with the same score discourage students to work harder. Here is an example, last year my professor gave a complex group project on science that required everyone in the group to devote themselves to work. However, some students in my group didn’t work as much as they were (missing verb) supposed to, since the professor said he would mark everyone the same. So, I had to do a lot of extra work in order to finish the project in time, even though I had already finished my part of the (missing article) project. But they ended up getting (verb form error) the same mark as I did, I felt very unfair and I would probably put fewer (quantifier error) efforts next time. It would be much better if the professor didn’t decide to give us the same score.

In addition, giving different score to enables students to improve themself. If a student did not do well in the project, and received a relatively low score, comparing his grade to other student who got a high score, he will realize that he still needs to work harder next time. What’s more, students can learn from those high-scored students, they can draw lesson from various aspect such as essay writing or analyzing data. However, there won’t be significant contrast in score if students all have the same grade.

In the end, I can draw the conclusion that giving every group member same grade is not a good idea. Because it is harmful for students’ enthusiasm in group work and it enables students to learn from the better when everyone is not marked the same.

December 10, 2021 at 11:40 am

Group work is very common in universities nowadays, and it is a very effective way to learn. However, there are arguments (disagreements) about how to mark students on group projects. Some people believe that (delete) all students should be marked equally, while others disagree. From my perspective, students should not receive the (same) score on the project and I will explain my idea in the following essay (for the following reasons).

First of all, marking all students with the same score discourage (discourages) students to work harder. Here is an example (For example), last year my professor gave a complex group project on science (delete) that required everyone in the group to devote themselves to work. However, some students in my group didn’t (did not) work as much as they were supposed to, since (because) the professor said he would mark everyone the same. So, I had to do a lot of extra work in order (delete) to finish the project in time, even though I had already finished my part of the project. But they ended up getting the same mark as I did, I (which) felt very unfair and I would probably put fewer efforts (less effort) next time. It would be much better if the professor didn’t (did not) decide to (delete) give us the same score.

In addition, giving different score (scores) to (delete) enables students to improve themself (delete). If a student did not do well in the project, and received a relatively low score, comparing his grade to other students who got a high score, he will realize that he still needs to work harder next time (simplify for clarity). What’s more (Furthermore), students can learn from those (delete) high-scored (top) students, and they can draw (learn) lessons from various aspect such as essay writing or analyzing data (rewrite). However, there won’t (will not) be significant contrast in score if students all have the same grade (what does this mean?).

In the end, I can draw the conclusion that (In conclusion,) giving every group member the same grade is not a good idea. Because (delete) it is harmful for (to) students’ enthusiasm in group work and it enables students to learn from the better when everyone is not marked the same (confusing, rewrite).

December 10, 2021 at 11:41 am

Final Revision

December 13, 2021 at 3:12 am

Review/Revision under suspension [WeChat not added]