One of the best ways that parents can help their teenage children prepare for adult life is to encourage them to take a part-time job.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing One of the best ways that parents can help their teenage children prepare for adult life is to encourage them to take a part-time job.

• zelu
    University: ocean university of china
    Nationality: china
    July 9, 2020 at 8:13 am

One of the best ways that parents can help their teenage children prepare for adult life is to encourage them to take a part-time job.

Many parents don’t allow their children to take part-time jobs because they are afraid of wasting their children’s time. But in my point of view, going out and working part-time are good for young people.

First of all, taking part-time jobs can increase social experience which is beneficial for teenagers’ future. When a teenager grows up as an adult, he or she will have to face the challenge of finding a job in this competitive society. However, if a teenager has taken the part-time jobs before, he or she may have already accumulated some working experience. This accumulation helps he or she stand out among many candidates.

Second, working part-time may help teenage children to increase skills of communicating. Some part-time jobs like waiter and cashier needs communicating with strangers. If young people choose these jobs as their part-time job, they have to learn how to handle with different people they might never meet before. In this process, they gradually acquire the skills of communicating which are useful in their adult life. For example, my cousin Tom used to be reticent and didn’t have many friends. However, since he started to work part-time in a restaurant as a waiter, he has changed a lot. He is busy in his work time and must deal with varieties of people and chat with them to get fee. When I met him just a few days ago, he has become more communicative and he told me he had more friends now. Therefore, it is really useful to take a part-time job and increase your communication abilities.

Finally, to take a part-time job can make teenagers more prudent to money which is also very important to their adult life. They will know the toughness of earning money so they will hardly waste their reward. Taking part-time job may not make a lot of money, nevertheless, it’s a simulation of earning one’s living, just like what everyone will do when they become adult. So taking some part-time job brings teenager money and let them regard their own money more discreetly.

July 9, 2020 at 9:41 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. Lengthy paragraphs: Restrict each paragraph to 90 words.
    3. Unclear pronouns.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

zelu
    University: ocean university of china
    Nationality: china
    July 10, 2020 at 2:52 am

Many parents don’t allow their children to take part-time jobs because parents tend to be afraid of wasting their children’s time. But in my view, working part-time is good for young people.

First of all, taking part-time jobs can increase social experience, which is beneficial for teenagers’ future. When a teenager grows up as an adult, he or she will have to find a job in this competitive society. However, if a teenager has taken part-time jobs before, he or she may have already accumulated some working experience. This accumulation helps he or she to stand out among many candidates.

econd, working part-time may help teenage children to increase their communication skills. Some part-time jobs like waiter and cashier needs talking with strangers. Choosing these jobs as their part-time job, teenagers must learn how to handle with different people. In this process, they gradually acquire the skills of communicating which are useful in their adult life. For example, my cousin Tom used to be reticent and didn’t have many friends. However, since he started to work part-time in a restaurant as a waiter, he has changed a lot. He is busy in his work time and must deal with varieties of people and chat with them to get tips. When I met him just a few days ago, he had become more communicative and told me that he had more friends. Therefore, it is really useful to take a part-time job and increase your communication abilities.

Finally, to take a part-time job can make teenagers more prudent to money, which is also very important to their adult life. On the one hand, they know the toughness of earning money so they will hardly waste their reward. On the other hand, they can save the payments for themselves which will come in handy one day. Taking part-time jobs may not make a lot of money, nevertheless, it’s a simulation of earning one’s living, just like what everyone will do when they become adults. So taking some part-time job brings teenager money and let them regard their own money more discreetly.

July 10, 2020 at 3:02 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.