Parents today do not understand their children as much as they did 50 years ago.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Parents today do not understand their children as much as they did 50 years ago.

• 2001y
    University: HFUT
    Nationality: PRC
    June 15, 2022 at 1:53 pm

Parents today do not understand their children as much as they did 50 years ago.

Recently, there has been a heated debate as to whether parents nowadays understood their children more than 50 years ago. I am in favor of the viewpoint that parents nowadays do not understand their children every bit compared to parents 50 years ago did.

First and foremost, it is irrefutable that the gap between generations widened more than before in some developing countries due to the fact that many adults’ value system still lags behind the era they are living, even though the economy has been booming for years and they already have enjoyed those benefits brought by the advancement of technology. In the past era, when technology advanced slowly, society was more still between generations, leading to the case that parents and their grown-up children lived in similar social contexts. Thereby, parents today can not understand their children well sometimes.

Secondly, parents today in most parts of the world, especially someplace where resources are depleted than in the developed world, face much more fierce occupation competition than in the past time.  Take my relatives as an example; they have to dedicate themselves to earning money to pay the house debt; besides, they need to cover all aspects of life, which consume a prodigious amount of time that ought to be used in accompanying their child. Thereby, they definitely lose cherished time, impairing mutual understanding between them and their child.

Additionally, Society has become much more complex than before, and which is no doubt that some parents try to cultivate their children to be mature way beyond their current age. As far as I am concerned, I hold a belief that this will impair their children’s mental health in long-haul time. First off, their children will doubt everyone and maintain a defensive posture toward anything, making those children seldom have friends to spill out their honest thoughts. Apparently, this is detrimental to the growth of children.

To sum up, apparently, it is a bumpy way to find solutions to fix this problem. It’s clear that parents today do not understand their children compared to parents 50 years ago did.

June 15, 2022 at 7:54 pm

Please fix the problems noted on the screenshot reviews.