People benefit more from traveling in their own country than from traveling to foreign countries.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing People benefit more from traveling in their own country than from traveling to foreign countries.

• Fiona
    University: China University of Petroleum
    Nationality: China
    September 12, 2020 at 2:01 am

People benefit more from traveling in their own country than from traveling to foreign countries.

Nowadays more and more people prefer to travel either in their own country or to foreign countries during vacation. It is a controversial issue that whether people benefit more from traveling in their own country than from traveling to foreign countries. While some people recognize that it is more intriguing to travel to other countries, I hold the opinion that one can benefit more from traveling in their own country. There are some reasons and examples to illustrate my point of view.

First and foremost, there is no denying that one may be confronted with more problems while traveling abroad. Because it is difficult to seek help when encountering difficulties without being familiar with the local language. For example, one of my friends lost her mobile phone by accident when she traveled in Japan. Then she encountered trouble when asking someone for help, cause she could not speak Japanese and passersby were not familiar with English. She could not express her meaning clearly, and she could not even find the police station without navigation in the phone. Yet if in your own country, you can easily ask passersby for help.

More over, since you do not understand the custom and culture of a country, you may make some mistakes. For instance, people in some places do not eat pork, some countries have special table manners, some gestures are normal in some countries, but very impolite in other countries, etc. Violating other people’s customs without knowing it may upset the locals, which may be a flaw in your travel.

Last but not least, though it is convinced that one can broaden horizon and get to know other culture by traveling abroad, it is much more expensive than traveling in own country. And even in own country, different regions have different customs to understand. More importantly, tourists can exchange ideas with locals, which helps them better understand local culture and the living habits of the locals.

Supported by sound reasons, I claim that the advantages of traveling in own country far outweigh the traveling abroad.

September 19, 2020 at 9:12 pm

Invalid [ You need to complete the revision of your other essay prior to working on this one. ]