People should not always tell truths to their friends.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing People should not always tell truths to their friends.

• Karo
    University: China Jiliang University
    Nationality: China
    September 24, 2020 at 2:15 pm

People should not always tell truths to their friends.

When it comes to the question whether people always tell truths to their friends, everyone has their own answer given to a specific situation. In my perspective, I disagree with the statement that people should always tell truths to their friends. I will take my reasoning as follows.

First, undoubtedly it is the most important personality that needs to be taken into consideration when we judge a person before making friends. However, according to some specific situations, we have to tell lies to them to protect or maintain our friendship. For example, to encourage my friends to recover from a bad illness, I would only tell my friend, a heavily ill person, that the disease would be worn out as soon as possible.

Second, telling lies to our friends would leave a big surprise for them. How can you tell your friends that you have prepared a birthday surprise? You have to lie to your friends that you could not attend the party because of an exam, to select a wonderful cake without telling your friends, to prepare a room decorated with balloons to leave an impression on your friends. Nevertheless, by telling the truth before such a big surprise, it would make your friends unhappy and even destroy your friendship.

Last but not least, telling white lies may be helpful for our friends. Nothing is more essential to protect our friends. Take my friend, an undergraduate student, for example. She used to be too shy to make presentations in public. To encourage her, I always told her that she did her best in the class, even though there were some mistakes during the presentation. Accounted to the white lies, my friend becomes more and more confident and uses to showing her opinions in public boldly. Even though it was a lie to my friend, she expresses gratitude to me and our friendship has been maintained for more than four years.

October 1, 2020 at 7:41 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. Use your own words to write. [Rewrite the first paragraph.]

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.