Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People who develop many different skills are more successful than people who focus on one skill only. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People who develop many different skills are more successful than people who focus on one skill only. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• lx
    University: beijing unversity of
    Nationality: china
    November 30, 2020 at 2:54 am

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People who develop many different skills are more successful than people who focus on one skill only. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

When it comes to success, opions vary, based on individuals’ diverse backgrounds, values and experiences. Quite a few people reckon that focusing on one skill should be put more emphasis. However, as far as I am concerned, it is extremely pivotal for us to have different skills.

To begin with, learning different kinds of skills enable us to become a better-rounded person.According to a research conuducted by Tsinghua University, 85.61% of college majors are crossed. A real life experience that provides a vivid example. Take my major for instance. My major is automation, which is absolutely a disciplinary major. Automation is highly related to process control. However, I must learn a lot of knowledgement which is relevant to computer science. By this way, not only am I good at control of process, but also I have a good commond of programming. And I can also tackle with computer problems without other’s help.

In the next place, when we learn various skills, we step on different areas. So it provides us with great opportunity to make new friends. Just as Takashimaya, a well-known Japan educationist, once put it ”Life shrinks or expands in proportion to friends.” Taking myself for example, I went to Nanjin a few weeks ago. I was selected to take part in a competition in Nanjin. However, I come from Beijing, there is only one friend in Nanjin. I was sorry to bother him but I have no choice. He picked up me from the airport and let me sleep in his house. And I was not getting used to local food, he took me to restaurant that sold northern food. To avoid talking problems with native speakers, he also taught me local accent. I was appreciate that I have a friend in Nanjin which is far away from my home.

From what has been discussed above, it is natural to arrive at the conclusion that we should develop different skills which makes us more successful.

December 5, 2020 at 3:31 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    2. Lengthy paragraphs. Restrict each paragraph to 90 words.
    3. Spelling errors
    4. Word choice errors

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.