Playing computer games is a waste of time, children should not be allowed to play them.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Playing computer games is a waste of time, children should not be allowed to play them.

• wenhao
    University: Zhejiang University
    Nationality: China
    November 26, 2021 at 12:11 pm

Playing computer games is a waste of time, children should not be allowed to play them.

With a remarkable improvement in people’s living standards and the advance of technology, an increasing number of families now have access to computers. In my opinion, children should be regulated not to play computer games.

To begin with, children are not mature enough to resist something bad for their growth in computer games. It is not uncommon to observe that large quantities of computer games contain violence or sex to excite the players. Since children tend to lack the ability of understanding and judgment. In other words, they cannot tell right from wrong. If they are always exposed to inappropriate settings in computer games, they may imitate such behaviors in the games, which will spoil their growth. For instance, when I was still a child one of my classmates was addicted to a computer fighting game called “Street Fight”. That game almost drove him crazy, and he tried to copy the rude conversations and behaviors of characters in that game, which annoyed everyone. This example brings out the fact that many computer games can guide children in the wrong way.

Secondly, computer games pose a threat to children’s health, both physically and mentally. Computer games are so appealing to children that plenty of children have too much screen time nowadays. According to a recent investigation carried out by Zhejiang University, as many as one-third of the children under 12 in Zhejiang province, China now wear glasses, about 70 percent of whom are derived from excessive screen time. Besides, parents usually try to prevent their own children from playing computer games for too long, but very few children can actually control themselves. Some children even play computer games secretly, which will cause serious debates between parents and children. So it is essential for parents to educate their own children on how to avoid getting lost in computer games.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that children are not supposed to have access to computer games. This is because children are not ready to face something bad in computer games that may threaten their mental and physical health.

November 29, 2021 at 1:38 pm

With a remarkable improvement in people’s living standards and the advance of technology (simplify), an increasing number of families now have access to computers. (sentence needed to connect these two sentences) In my opinion, children should be regulated not to play computer games (explain why).

To begin with, children are not mature enough to resist something bad for their growth in computer games (simplify). It is not uncommon to observe that (delete) large quantities of (simplify) computer games contain violence or sex to excite the players. Since children tend to (delete) lack the ability of understanding and judgment (incomplete sentence). In other words, they cannot tell right from wrong. If they are always exposed to inappropriate settings in computer games, they may imitate such behaviors in the games, which will spoil their growth. For instance, when I was still a child one of my classmates was addicted to a computer fighting game called “Street Fight”. That game almost drove him crazy, and he tried to copy the rude conversations and behaviors of characters in that game, which annoyed everyone. This example brings out the fact that many computer games can guide children in the wrong way.

Secondly, computer games pose a threat to children’s health, both physically and mentally. Computer games are so appealing to children that plenty of children have too much screen time nowadays. According to a recent investigation carried out by Zhejiang University, as many as one-third of the children under 12 in Zhejiang province, China now wear glasses, about 70 percent of whom are derived from excessive screen time. Besides, parents usually try to prevent their own children from playing computer games for too long, but very few children can actually control themselves. Some children even play computer games secretly, which will cause serious debates between parents and children. So it is essential for parents to educate their own children on how to avoid getting lost in computer games.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that children are not supposed to have access to computer games. This is because children are not ready to face something bad in computer games that may threaten their mental and physical health.

December 1, 2021 at 12:30 pm

Partial Revision (please fix similar errors, revise whole essay, and resubmit)

wenhao
    December 1, 2021 at 1:15 pm

With a remarkable improvement in people’s living standards and technological development, an increasing number of families now have access to computers. Meanwhile, children are exposed to computers at a very young age. In my opinion, children should be regulated not to play computer games. I feel this for the following two reasons.

To begin with, children are still too young to resist some bad things in computer games. Generally, many computer games aimed at adults contain violence or sex to excite the players. Since children lack the ability of sound judgment, they may even imitate some improper behaviors of game characters, which will harm their growth. For instance, when I was still a child, one of my classmates was addicted to a computer fighting game called “Street Fight”. That game almost drove him crazy, and he tried to copy the rude conversations and behaviors of characters in that game, which nearly annoyed everyone. This example brings out the fact that without strict supervision, many computer games can guide children in the wrong way.

Secondly, computer games pose a threat to children’s health, both physically and mentally. Computer games are so appealing to children that plenty of children have excessive screen time nowadays. According to a recent investigation carried out by Zhejiang University, as many as one-third of the children under 12 in Zhejiang province, China now wear glasses, about 70 percent of whom are derived from unreasonable use of computers and phones. Besides, parents usually try to prevent their children from playing computer games for too long, but actually very few children can control themselves. Some children even play computer games secretly, which will cause serious debates between parents and children. So it is essential for parents to educate their children on how to avoid getting lost in computer games.

December 3, 2021 at 2:02 pm

With a remarkable improvement in people’s living standards and technological development, an increasing number of families now have access to computers. Meanwhile, children are exposed to computers at a very young age. In my opinion, children (children’s access to computers should be regulated not children, reorder this sentence) should be regulated not to play computer games. I feel this for the following two reasons (shortly list the two reasons here).

To begin with, children are still too young to resist some bad things (bad influences) in computer games. Generally, many (delete) computer games are aimed at adults and contain violence or sex to excite the players. Since children lack the ability of (delete) sound judgment, they may even imitate some (the) improper behavior of video game characters, which will harm their growth. For instance, w When I was still a child, one of my classmates was addicted to a computer fighting game called “Street Fight”. That game almost drove him crazy, and he tried to copy the rude conversations and behaviors of characters in that game, which nearly (delete) annoyed everyone. This example brings out the fact (shows) that without strict supervision, many computer games can guide children in the wrong way.

Secondly, computer games pose a threat to children’s health, both physically and mentally. Computer games are so appealing to children that plenty of (many) children have excessive screen time nowadays (delete). According to a recent investigation carried out (study) by Zhejiang University, as many as one-third of the children under 12 in Zhejiang province, China now wear glasses, about 70 percent of whom are derived from unreasonable (with 70 percent have their eyesight impacted by the) use of computers and phones. Besides (Additionally), parents usually try to prevent their children from playing computer games for too long, but actually very few children can control themselves. Some children even play computer games secretly, which will cause serious debates between parents and children. So it is essential for parents to educate their children on how to avoid getting lost in computer games.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that (delete) children are not supposed to have access to computer games. This is because children are not ready to face something bad in computer games that may threaten their mental and physical health.

December 3, 2021 at 2:48 pm

Final Revision

wenhao
    December 4, 2021 at 2:02 am

With a remarkable improvement in people’s living standards and technological development, an increasing number of families now have access to computers. Meanwhile, children are highly exposed to computers at a very young age. In my opinion, children’s access to computers should be regulated. I feel this owing to young children’s lack of mental maturity and computer’s potential threat to children’s health.

To begin with, children are still too young to resist bad influences in computer games. Generally, computer games aimed at adults contain violence or sex to excite the players. Since children lack sound judgment, they may even imitate the improper behavior of video game characters, which will harm their growth. When I was still a child, one of my classmates was addicted to a computer fighting game called “Street Fight”. That game almost drove him crazy, and he tried to copy the rude conversations and behaviors of characters in that game, which annoyed everyone. This example shows that without strict supervision, many computer games can guide children in the wrong way.

Secondly, computer games pose a threat to children’s health, both physically and mentally. Computer games are so appealing to children that many children have excessive screen time. According to a recent study by Zhejiang University, as many as one-third of the children under 12 in Zhejiang province, China now wear glasses, with 70 percent having their eyesight impacted by the use of computers and phones. Additionally, parents usually try to prevent their children from playing computer games for too long, but actually very few children can control themselves. Some children even play computer games secretly, which will cause serious debates between parents and children. So it is essential for parents to educate their children on how to avoid getting lost in computer games.

In conclusion, I strongly believe children are not supposed to have access to computer games. This is because children are not ready to face something bad in computer games that may threaten their mental and physical health.

December 4, 2021 at 5:26 pm

Invalid [I will not work on an essay after ‘final’ revision.]