Playing computer games is a waste of time. Children should not be allowed to play them.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Playing computer games is a waste of time. Children should not be allowed to play them.

• HollyRwan
    University: Zhejiang University
    Nationality: China
    July 24, 2019 at 6:32 am

Playing computer games waste of time. Children should not be allowed.

TOPIC: Playing computer games is a waste of time. Children should not be allowed to play them.

When it comes to computer games, most people will regard it as the culprit of various children problems such as skipping classes and inattention. And it seems that playing computer game is just a waste of time. However, can we blame all these unproper behavior on playing computer games? Should we forbid children from playing them? I do not think so.

For one thing, playing computer games functions as an effective way to relax. Take myself as an example.  When I was preparing for the final examinations, I used to play Tom and Jerry before sleep. Though studying for the whole day exhausted me, playing computer games saved me from the pressure. For me, playing computer games was not a waste of time. Instead, with computer games, I could adjust myself better and concentrate more on the further examinations the next day.

For another, we need computer games to touch with our friends. I got familiar with my boyfriend because of Tom and Jerry. When we played Tom and Jerry, we got the chance to talk. We talked not only about the computer game, but also our experience related to the game. Little by little, we found that there were so many shared topics between us. Playing computer games with our friends plays the familiar role.

In addition, we tend to require inspiration when we have to complete some projects. Some people choose to have a big meal, while some people prefer playing computer games.  My friend and I have been preparing for the same test and we both enjoy Tom and Jerry. To ensure our learning efficiency, we appointed that we must finish our tasks before we could play Tom and Jerry.

There is no doubt that for some children, playing computer games is a waste of time. They spend so much time on computer games that these games affect their normal life negatively. Nevertheless, we should not prohibit children from playing computer games. Not only because we should give them the chance to try to resist the games’ temptation, but also because playing computer games can also have positive influence on children.

July 25, 2019 at 7:13 pm

Hi, I will not work on this essay until you complete the revision of the last essay in full. Subsequently, please revise this essay and resubmit it.

Regards.