Schools should focus more on teaching students how to succeed in the world of work and less on how to succeed academically. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Schools should focus more on teaching students how to succeed in the world of work and less on how to succeed academically. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

• yasibiguo7
    University: Northern Arizona University
    Nationality: 中国
    June 2, 2023 at 1:29 pm

Schools should focus more on teaching students how to succeed in the world of work and less on how to succeed academically. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some people hold the viewpoint that schools are supposed to attach more importance to helping student perform well in workplace instead of pay attention to their academic achievement. Although the former perspective is partly sensible in current society, I tend to believe teachers should  concentrate more on study aspects.

On one hand, it is understandable that some people argue that the success in workplace should be highlighted at school. One of the main reason is that the ultimate goal of college is to equip students with professional expertises, helping them prepare for their future career according to major. Paying more attention to practical skills and knowledge than academic theories is a efficient way to cultivate ready worker for certain field, which not only allows them adapt to work environment quickly but also help company save training fees.

On the other hand, I still believe academic performance is equally important as vocational development at college and even much signficant at primary and high school stages. First of all, students are better to focus on academic performance to lay a solid foundation of basic subjects like math and literature, helping them develop a better mindset  as well as the ability of learning by themselves and lifelong learning which should be cultivated from a young age and would definitely contribute to their future career success at the end.  Secondly, being adept at academic study also play a sighnificant role in workplace success especially in certain domian which requires a higher level of profession. For example, doctors and nurses have to experience various demanding examinations and years of academic learning prior to becoming success at medical service area.

In conclusion, although vocational education is critical at college, I prefer that teachers should focus more on students’ academic success.

July 8, 2023 at 1:29 am

Fix issues indicated in the screenshots and then resubmit.

July 8, 2023 at 1:33 am

Please add my WeChat account.

Tagged: