Several languages are in danger of extinction because they are spoken by very small numbers of people. Some people say that governments should spend public money on saving these languages, while others believe that would be a waste of money.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Several languages are in danger of extinction because they are spoken by very small numbers of people. Some people say that governments should spend public money on saving these languages, while others believe that would be a waste of money.

University: PKU
    Nationality: China
    March 18, 2020 at 7:45 am

Several languages are in danger of extinction because they are spoken by very small numbers of people. Some people say that governments should spend public money on saving these languages, while others believe that would be a waste of money.

It is true that some languages are disappearing for they are used by less people. Although it is necessary for us to prevent the languages from extinction, I argue that the government should not spend much money on them.

The primary reason for increasing our spending on protection of those dying languages is that the language stands for the culture of a nation or an area. Social rules, living habits and special ways of thinking in a certain district are clearly recorded in its language. Therefore, the language plays a vital role in the form of one’s nation identity and world view. Another reason is that those disappearing languages are of extraordinary historic and literary values. Since a huge amount of ancient masterpieces are written in dying languages, if we do not increase the investment in inheriting them, we will not be able to read the original version when doing related research.

However, I insist that the government shouldn’t spend public money on saving those languages from extinction. Instead, they ought to increase the investment in industries concerned with future development. Nowadays, the technology is developing rapidly and promising industries such as computer science are appearing. Meanwhile, we still face severe environmental and social problems, which are in urgent demand of effective solutions. Compared to those disappearing languages, which are not directly related to public interests, perhaps the government investment should focus on those concerned with the future of humanity.

In conclusion, I agree that we shouldn’t spend much money on protect minority languages, although they are valuable in some ways.

March 21, 2020 at 1:59 am

Invalid [ I will not work on this essay until you complete the revision of your other essay.]

Tagged: