Should we follow fashion?

• Junjie Wei
    University: Zhejiang Yuexiu University of Foreign Languages
    Nationality: China
    November 1, 2020 at 4:45 am

Joy:
    Some people say that fashion is nothing but selling clothes. Thus, we should not follow fashion and we ought to dress in clothes that we like and feel comfortable. I completely disagree with the idea that we should not follow fashion, and that we wear clothes that we like.

First of all, following fashion will bring a job opportunity for people and add people’s confidence. Studies have shown that fashionably-dressed young women will get more help in the workplace than women who dress casually. And trendy young women will gain more job opportunities. Because these young women are prettier and look smarter. Also, smart dress will increase one’s confidence. For instance, in a speaking contest, a well-dressed woman can be for sure eye-catching, making her feel more confident.

Others believe that people should not follow fashion. People who follow fashion are just for buying fashionable clothes. As they think that selling fashionable clothes is to promote products and people inevitably end up buying the same things and appearing the same. But I think this viewpoint is not cogent. Although people will buy the same products, what they wear and how they wear is different. For example, a white-skin girl will pick bright colors, such as yellow, red, and so on. Because the girl knows the red color or yellow will be suitable for her. So even in this case, people who follow fashion are still different from others.

In conclusion, I deem that we should follow fashion. This can increase our confidence and bring more job opportunities to work for us.

November 8, 2020 at 4:20 pm

Invalid. Please revise your previous essay before submitting another.