Which one do you prefer, to solve problems on your own experience and knowledge, or to ask others for advice?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Which one do you prefer, to solve problems on your own experience and knowledge, or to ask others for advice?

• Jyc
    University: Shandong University of science and technology
    Nationality: China
    May 14, 2020 at 4:33 am

Which one do you prefer, to solve problems on your own experience and knowledge, or to ask others for advice?

As teamwork becomes more and more important in today’s society, it is necessary to learn how to ask others for help, Just as many modern corporations,  gathering many great minds in one roof to make the decision.

Ask others for help would be more efficient. As knowledge becomes more and more complex, it is impossible for people to solve all problems by themselves, ask others for advice can take advantage of other people’s knowledge. Take my math professor for example, when he meets some difficult problem, he always gathering his student and college to take a brainstorm, a place that everyone would give their own advice and thought towards the problem, the problem always be solved soon after that, and everyone can learn a lot from it.

Gathering other advice is more democratic. In term of democracy, it is to learn more people’s advice but not getting all things done by only one people, , the community I lived in is a case in point. Recently, there is some homeless dog and cat, which bring some security problem to our community, some people want to expel this cat and dog, but some people don’t. Finally, our community holds a meeting to deal with it. After that, we decided to establish an organization to keep some small animals and take the big animals to an animal shelter,  everyone feels satisfied with it.

Ask for others’ advice by no means refers to dependence. Considering different opinion would broaden our thought and less likely to make mistakes, And in terms of dependence, it means do not have their own thought and opinion, these two terms has a huge difference. Take my friend Kim for instance, He is the most independent person I have ever meet, He has traveled about 12 countries by himself and He always tries to solve the problem which he could. However, when he gets some big project, He usually gathering his teammates for some brainstorms. Because he believes this is not dependent, this would help him to notice some potential trouble and can understand the problem further.

May 15, 2020 at 11:22 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 65% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.