Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than at secondary school

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than at secondary school

• sum2豆
    University: blcu
    Nationality: 中国
    October 11, 2020 at 3:43 pm

Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than at secondary school

People have different opinions about whether it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school or at secondary school. I think advantages of beginning at primary school outweigh the disadvantages.

There are some advantages. Language learning is different from other things, it needs a good language environment. The younger they are, the more active their brains are. This activeness will help them learn language more easily. As a result, the earlier a child is immersed in a foreign language environment, the better probability he may acquire it. As for me, thanks to the early contact to the English in the primary school, I can learn English more easily than those who started just in the secondary school. Furthermore, children in the primary school has more energetic and time to learn foreign language. We all know that when children step into secondary school, stress from school will increase dramatically for there are more things to learn and the main subjects are more difficult to acquire which may occupy them lots of energetic and time. Thus a little time is left for them to learn language, even if one can squeeze some time to learn English, it may add more academic stress for them.

Though it has some disadvantages. It may be too young for children to learn language well for they may just want to have fun outside the school rather than sit down and study. Also, They may too young to have enough ability to tackle the problems or overcome the difficulties they meet in the language learning process.

In conclusion, I believe that it is more beneficial to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.

October 14, 2020 at 4:01 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Lengthy paragraphs. Restrict each paragraph to 90 words.
    2. About 55% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    3. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.