Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Persica
    University: Wuhan Institute of Technology
    Nationality: China
    December 22, 2019 at 4:05 pm

TPO 40: Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?

These days, family education is becoming more and more manifest. Whether parents should offer their school-age children money for each high grade becomes a key topic. And I think it may be a good idea.

First of all, giving money can lead children to form good habits, such as diligence and responsibility. Kids always need money to buy what they are interested in, and appreciate small gift of money. So it is a great chance for them to study hard for the required text report cards. Almost each parent wants their kids to have higher marks which means better capacity. Both side are happy on this method. When I was a girl, my mother use the same way. In order to buy my favorite dolls, I made all my efforts to acquire better grades. As time went on, the external stimulation gradually becomes into intrinsic motivation. Thus, today I also keep the habits to work hard, which is responsible for myself.

Furthermore, kids who get money from their parents can learn how to balance the relationship with money. Money is not only the tool to fulfill our indeeds, but also an efficiency way to help other people. Parents can teach their kids to spend money meaningfully. Sometimes, kids who are compassionate prefer to donating their belongs to the poor. For instance, they could donate some books or toys to a charity shop. No doubt, kids can be proud of what they have done. And the experience of helping other people is valuable.

Last but not the least, through this particular family activity, the relationship of parents and kids can improve. Nowadays, both parents and kids don’t have enough time with each other, most of parents are busy in working, and children are occupied of watching TV or playing outside. So, the exchange of money and grades can help increase communication and understanding between them, even can bring out unforgettable memories.

Based on the discussion above, rewarding for kids have many life-long positive effects.

January 14, 2020 at 6:59 pm

Score: ungraded

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.