Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?

• KendrickQ
    University: Tsinghua
    Nationality: China
    October 30, 2020 at 9:14 am

Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?

Nowadays, offering children money for their extraordinary performance in each exam in school becomes more and more popular. I think this is a wonderful method for parents to teach their children.

In my view, the most crucial effect of money-giving strategy in family education is to make children realize importance of learning in school. In their ages, they cannot understand what they can earn if they listen carefully in the class, while they can easily figure out what they can purchase if having lots of money. money-giving strategy lays much weights on the importance of learning in children’s mind. As a result, children would concentrate on the class for high grade in exams, which can give them the ability to purchase their dreaming objects. I believe this education strategy will boost them paying more attention to studying.

Some person may argue that offering children money for high grade will lead to cheating in the exams, because they will try to get mark high enough to win money from their parents. It’s true that money-giving strategy has the possible negative effect on children. Only can children get high scores in exams, will they have the money to buy everything they want. However, the origin of children’s cheating doesn’t come from the money-giving strategy itself, but the parents’ wrong style of education. What if parents can put enough attention on their children? They can clearly know the learning enthusiasm of their children and encourage them to work harder for money. In this case, children will view the money as awarding, not the destination of their learning. Therefore, they will not have a high score through the method of cheating.

November 2, 2020 at 9:15 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Why is it a wonderful method? Add supporting information to your introduction
    2. Verb form errors
    3. Article errors
    4. Singular versus plural errors

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.