Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade(mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade(mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Tracey
    University: CUFE
    Nationality: China
    November 7, 2020 at 3:48 am

Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade(mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?

It is always a large topic for education that should children be rewarded when they get good grades, and what kind of prize is appropriate. Some think that high grades desire awards, and money is the most valuable thing for kids. While from my perspectives, parents should encourage children when they have some academic achievements, but money is not a suitable award for them. Followings are my reasons.

First and foremost, money is not the reason for which students pursue high grades. Children might be lack of the ability to distinct the aim of one thing. Thus, if parents offer children money when they get high grades, the kids would think that they study for money. However,  parents should cultivate their children that the aim of study is to be an overall person and realize their value of life through knowledge.

Secondly, giving money has some negative effects. School-age children are hard to distinct right from wrong, so they may cheat in exams just for getting a higher grade. Such behavior could make them be criticized by teachers for best, and will lead them cannot become a person who have contribution to society for worst. Actually, there are many other approaches to encourage children, which is far more better than money, such as a family trip or a tasty cake. When I was a kid, my parents usually took me to travel during holiday if getting high grades in final exams. These experiences both encourage me for the performance and give me so many unforgettable family memories.

Admittedly, I am not deny that parents should encourage their children if they do a good job. After all, encourages could inspire children work hard and try to do better next time. However, I think money is not equal to happiness and care. So if parents do want to involve education for their kids, mere money is not enough.

All in all, I firmly disagree offering money for each high grade. Money misleads children to comprehend the meaning of study, as well has some negative effects.

November 13, 2020 at 5:30 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. Spelling errors
    3. Article errors
    4. Word choice errors

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

November 18, 2020 at 10:18 pm

I am unable to send you screenshot reviews since you are not on my WeChat list. Please add my WeChat and after doing so remind me of sending the reviews to you. Thanks!