Some peop believe that theorotical subjects(i.e. maths, philosophy and economics) should not be taught in universities because they should focus on pratical subjects(i.e. marketing, computer programming and accounting). To what extent do you agree or disagree?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some peop believe that theorotical subjects(i.e. maths, philosophy and economics) should not be taught in universities because they should focus on pratical subjects(i.e. marketing, computer programming and accounting). To what extent do you agree or disagree?

• Stark
    Nationality: China
    November 5, 2020 at 3:38 am

It is believed that some people think that theoretical subjects should be removed in universities, instead, practical subjects should be the mainstream. However, I am against this opinion. On the country, I believe both subjects should be taught equally and never left anything behind.

There is no doubt that teaching practical subjects can bring the university students more practical benefit, such as accounting and computer programming, which are two of the most needed skills in recent society due to the rapid development of social media and Internet technology. With more practical skill, you are more likely to adapt to your work and may have a better promotion. Thus, the benefit of practical subject is irreplaceable and surely rewarding after the graduation.

However, some people do ignore the importance of theoretical subjects. Although theoretical subjects do not teach us practical skills like practical subjects do, theoretical subjects teach us how things work. The need of creative brains in society has never been greater. theoretical subjects teach exactly the things that we need to know to create something new. In addition, it is unpredictable for recent job market which means it is not wise to only study practical subjects which are related to job closely.

In conclusion, I stand for teaching both practical and theoretical subjects in universities. Because they are not conflict but complementary, they are both essential and neither is superior to the other. The idea of exclude the theoretical subjects during the period of university study is rather unadvisable.