Some people believe it is best to accept a bad situation, such as an unsatisfactory job or less money.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people believe it is best to accept a bad situation, such as an unsatisfactory job or less money.

• Zoey
    University: szu
    Nationality: china
    August 4, 2020 at 2:04 pm

Some people believe it is best to accept a bad situation, such as an unsatisfactory job or less money. Others argue it is better to try to improve such situations. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

People have conflicts over what attitude one should take when in face of an unsatisfying and even bad situation. Some claim to accept it, while others decide to struggle hard with it. As far as I am concerned, I would rather lean towards the latter and strive to change or improve it as long as there is a hope.

On the one hand, from the perspective of some pessimists, there may be huge benefits if we let go of the unsatisfactory part of life. It is likely that life would be much more relaxing to accept the bad parts in life especially for those start from scratch. For example, if a poor man always sticks to an ambitious dream of making a large amount of money or becoming a millionaire, anxiety and strain would definitely be there with him before and even after his destination achieved because he has to spend more time to sharpen skills and expend knowledge such as networking than those better-off.

On the other hand, optimists argue that dissatisfaction with status quo and willingness to seek for improvement can greatly encourage people to achieve break-through. Only when people are aware of the reasons why they fail and then pick up valuable experience can they avoid similar failure that they might come across later. For instance, when a fresh graduate fail in an interview because of a lack of experience and if he can make conclusions from each interview such as a bad manner or inappropriate words and think twice about the questions he could not answer well, he is more likely to steer clear of silly mistakes and give a better response to the similar questions in the following interviews which probably lead him to a satisfying job.

Personally, I do suggest that instead of being caught in a bad situation and just accept it, the first thing that people should do is to think about reasons and take prompt and effective measures to improve it. Letting go of the bad situation without improving never makes you stronger.

Zoey
    August 6, 2020 at 2:12 am

thanks a billion!

August 6, 2020 at 4:26 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Article errors
    2. Preposition errors
    3. Wordy – remove unnecessary words
    4. About 55% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    5. Lengthy paragraphs. Restrict each paragraph to 90 words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Zoey
    August 6, 2020 at 8:27 am

People have conflicts over what attitude one should take when in the face of a bad situation. Some claim to accept it, while others struggle hard with it. From my point of view, I would lean towards the latter and strive to be a changer.

On the one hand, from the perspective of some pessimists, there are huge benefits if we ignore the unsatisfactory part of life. They claim that life would be much easier if we accept unhappiness in life, especially for those with nothing. For example, if a poor man always sticks to an ambitious dream of making a large amount of money, anxiety and strain would be there with him especially before destination is reached, because he should spare no effort to sharpen skills and expend knowledge than those better-off.

On the other hand, optimists argue that dissatisfaction with life and willingness to seek improvement can help people attain success. Only when people are aware of the reasons why they fail and then pick up valuable experience can they avoid similar failure they might come across later. For instance, it is not uncommon for a fresh graduate to be rebuffed when hunting for a job time and time again. If lessons can be totally reviewed and sunk in, like a better answer to questions asked, rather than swamping himself in self-doubt, he will perform better in the next interview which might lead to a satisfying job.

Personally, I do suggest that instead of being caught in a bad situation and just accepting it, the first thing that people should do is to think about reasons and take prompt measures to change and improve it. Letting go of the bad situation without improving never makes you stronger.

August 6, 2020 at 9:44 pm

Ungraded

Issues:

1. This essay is full of grammatical errors;
    2. Most sentences are unclear.
Tagged: