Some people believe that it is best to accept a bad situation, such as an unsatisfactory job or shortage of money. Others argue that it is better to try and improve such situations. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people believe that it is best to accept a bad situation, such as an unsatisfactory job or shortage of money. Others argue that it is better to try and improve such situations. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

• Han Gao
    University: Northwestern Polytechnical University
    Nationality: China
    January 5, 2020 at 8:09 am

Some people believe that it is best to accept a bad situation, such as an unsatisfactory job or shortage of money. Others argue that it is better to try and improve such situations. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Opinions are divided on whether people should accept or try to improve a bad situation. Although it is safer for most people to adapt to bad situations, I think it can be better to improve them.

On the one hand, it is a safe way to get through a bad situation by trying to adapt to it. For example, when people feel unsatisfactory about their current jobs, due to bossy managers or tedious work, they may want to change their jobs. However, the new company may also have some unexpected working condition. So, it is safer to stick to their current jobs which they’ve somehow already adapted to. Apart from that, the situation when people need money can also get even worse, if people choose to invest their money on risky stock market.

On the other hand, making effort on improving the bad situations is a nice choice. People usually feel stressed out and depressed when they are in trouble. Such negative expression can do great harm to their health and make them less patient to their friends or family members, which can make things even worth. So the best way for them is to get rid of bad situations as soon as possible. In addition, the bad situations can sometimes become unsolvable as time passes. For example, if a husband often argues with his wife without an apology after that, they may finally break up at last.

I believe that trying to improve is a better way when trapped in a bad situation, as bad situations can become worth as time goes by and do harm to one’s health and relationships. While the bad result people may get during their changing job or making money can be avoided if they really think prudently or ask others for advice.

January 15, 2020 at 7:40 pm

Score: ungraded

Problems:

1. More than 50% of the sentences contain 20+ words. Shorten/split them.
    2. More than 25% of the sentences are passive. Convert them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Han Gao
    January 21, 2020 at 1:47 pm

People have disagreements on whether they should accept or try to improve bad situations. Although it is safer to adapt to terrible circumstances, the better way I think is trying to improve them.

On one hand, it is a safe way to get through bad situations by trying to adapt to them. For example, people may change their occupations when they are encountered with bossy managers or tedious work. However, they can gain experience from tasks they are given. Besides, new working environment often have unexpected problems. Therefore, it is safer to stick to their current jobs, because people have somehow already adapted to them.

On the other hand, making efforts on improving bad situations is a great choice. People usually feel stressed out and depressed when they are in trouble. Such negative emotions can do great harm to their relationships, because people become less patient to their friends or families when they are under pressure. So the best way for them is to get rid of bad situations as soon as possible. Moreover, troubles can sometimes become unsolvable as time passes. For example, if couples often argue with each other without improving their relationships, they may break up at last.

I believe it’s better to improve bad situations rather than doing nothing, because they may become worth as time passes. And they do harm to people’s heath and relationships. Besides, the terrible results can be restricted if people can think prudently or ask colleagues for advice before job hopping.

January 22, 2020 at 10:16 pm

Score: 64.9

Issues:

1. About 25% of the sentences are passive. Convert them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Han Gao
    January 27, 2020 at 1:22 pm

People have disagreements on whether they should accept or try to improve bad situations. Although it is safer to adapt to terrible circumstances, the better way I think is trying to improve them.

On the one hand, it is a safe way to get through bad situations by trying to adapt to them. For example, people may change their occupations when their managers are bossy or work is tedious. However, they can gain valuable experience from their arranged tasks, such as how to cooperate with colleagues. Besides, a new working environment often has unexpected problems. Therefore, it is safer to stick to their current jobs, because people have somehow already adapted to them.

On the other hand, making efforts to improve bad situations is a great choice. People usually feel stressed out and depressed when they are in trouble. Such negative emotions can do great harm to their relationships as people become less patient to their friends or families when they are under pressure. So the best way for them is to get rid of bad situations as soon as possible. Moreover, troubles can sometimes become unsolvable as time passes. For example, if couples keep arguing with each other without improving their relationships, they may break up at last.

In my opinion, it’s better to improve bad situations rather than do nothing, because they may become worth as time passes. Plus they are harmful for people’s health and relationships. Besides, people can avoid terrible results if they think prudently or ask colleagues for advice before job-hopping.

January 27, 2020 at 10:23 pm

Score: 64.8

I will come back to you shortly.

February 4, 2020 at 2:31 pm

People have disagreements (simplify to ‘disagree’) on whether they should accept or try to (unnecessary) improve bad situations. Although it is safer to adapt to terrible circumstances, the better way I think  (reorder) is trying (verb tense error) to improve them.

On the one hand, it is a safe way to get through bad situations by trying to adapt to them (rephrase sentence, subject should be ‘adapting to bad situations”). For example, people may change their occupations when their managers are bossy or (missing possessive pronoun) work is tedious. However, they can gain valuable experience from their arranged tasks, such as how to (unnecessary, delete) cooperate (cooperating) with colleagues. Besides, a new working environment often has unexpected problems. Therefore, it is safer (for people) to stick to their current jobs, because people have somehow already adapted to them (be more specific).

On the other hand, making efforts (an effort) to improve bad situations is a great choice. People usually feel stressed out and depressed when they are in trouble. Such negative emotions can do great harm to their relationships as people become less patient to their friends or families when they are under pressure (combine two previous sentences). So the best way (choose different word) for them (unnecessary) is to get rid of bad situations as soon as possible. Moreover, troubles can sometimes become unsolvable as time passes (too vague, be more specific). For example, if couples keep arguing with each other without improving their relationships, they may break up at last (unnecessary).

In my opinion, it’s (write out conjunction “it is”) better to improve bad situations rather than do nothing, because they (specify what they is) may become worth as time passes. Plus (add comma) they (specify what they is) are harmful for people’s health and relationships. Besides, people can avoid terrible results if they think prudently or ask colleagues for advice before job-hopping.

Han Gao
    February 6, 2020 at 10:48 am

People disagree on whether they should accept or improve bad situations. Although it is safer to adapt to terrible circumstances, I think the better way is to try to improve them.
    On the one hand, adapting to bad situations is a safe way to get through them. For example, people may change their occupations when their managers are bossy or their work is tedious. However, they can gain valuable experience from cooperating with colleagues. Besides, a new working environment often has unexpected problems. Therefore, it is safer for people to stick to their current jobs, because people have somehow already adapted to their present working condition.
    On the other hand, making an effort to improve bad situations is a great choice. People usually feel stressed out and depressed when they are in trouble, which can do great harm to their relationships as people become less patient to their friends or families when they are under pressure. Moreover, troubles related to relationships can sometimes become unsolvable as time passes. For example, if couples keep arguing with each other without improving their relationships, they may break up. So the best method is to get rid of bad situations as soon as possible.
    In my opinion, it is better to improve bad situations rather than do nothing, because bad situations may become worth as time passes. Plus, they are harmful for people’s relationships. Besides, people can avoid terrible results if they think prudently or ask colleagues for advice before job-hopping.

Han Gao
    February 6, 2020 at 10:56 am

Thank you very much! And I think that’s enough for the revision of whole essay.

I’ve revised my essay according to your last revision, except the sentence “troubles can sometimes become unsolvable as time passes” in the third paragraph. Because I have trouble in making it more specific.