Some people believe that reading newspaper is the best way to learn about news,

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people believe that reading newspaper is the best way to learn about news,

• UDaneeZ
    University: Ocean University of China
    Nationality: China
    June 8, 2019 at 4:41 pm

Topic:

Some people believe that reading newspaper is the best way to learn about news, while others believe the more effective way is through other media. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Essay:

Different people prefer different source of information. As for news, some may argue newspaper is an efficient and integrated source, while others consider other channels such as radio, Internet and social media are better. Here, I will discuss from both side.

Newspapers, though not novel, is no doubt an reliable and informative source of information. Being created since ancient times, newspaper has long been a representation of powerful and insightful analysis of world-known events. Edited by editors, news on newspapers possesses more possibility of being true. Besides, compared to quick news flying everywhere on the Internet, articles on newspapers enable readers to have a more comprehensive overview of on-going events.

However, with the development of mass media, ways of broadcasting have diversified. Some elites may complain about limited time for reading, and thus prefer listening to radio on their way to routine meetings. Moreover, though not always be true, news on the Internet can be updated immediately after the events happen. Reliability may be important, but to some other people, being latest may come to the top. Last but not least, individuals know their quickest and most efficient way of absorbing information. Some are quick readers, while others are quick listeners. Choice of different media then becomes a matter of personal preference.

As for me, since I am a quick listener, I prefer listening to the radio for news. However, it is not the way of learning about news, but whether you take a pair of sharp eyes when going through news that matters.

June 10, 2019 at 4:32 pm

Hi, I will not work on this essay unless you complete your last submitted essay.