Some people believe that schools should only teach children subjects which are beneficial for their future career and therefore other subjects such as music and sports are not important. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people believe that schools should only teach children subjects which are beneficial for their future career and therefore other subjects such as music and sports are not important. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

• Chen Danyang
    University: Tianjin University of Technology
    Nationality: Chinese
    November 5, 2019 at 6:13 am

IELTS Writing Topic: Some people believe that schools should only teach children subjects which are beneficial for their future career and therefore other subjects such as music and sports are not important. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

People have different views about the importance of various subjects,while there are some benefits of required courses,i believe that optional courses also cannot be underestimated.

There are several reasons why i would partly argue against this opinion.Firstly,subjects like music and sports can help pupils to keep fit.In recent years,young people are under too much academic pressure and they always live a sedentary lifestyle,if they do more sports including basketball,tennis,soccer  or swimming which can increase their strength,speed and balance,these students will be healthier.Secondly,these subjects will also improve youngers’ social skill.When students play sports,they need to cooperate or compare with their peers,during that time,they will communicate with each other,this will make them more sociability.Finally,courses like musics can increase students’ imagination and creativity.For example, when students create musics,they need to concentrate on the moldies of the musics which are soft or excited.Therefore,they will be more imaginative and creative.

In spite of this,the obvious benefits of required courses cannot be denied.Some  subjects like math,physics, chemistry can boost pupils’ academic skills and knowledge.These can also prepare students for the knowledge-based economy,in this way,they will be more comeptitive than their peers when enter job market in the future.

In conclusion,i think all these courses are important,maybe a broad and balanced curriculum can produce well-rounded individuals.

November 15, 2019 at 9:12 pm

Score: 0

Problems:

1. About half of the sentences are passive. Convert them into their active counterparts;
    2. About 2/3 sentences exceed 20 words. Try to shorten them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.