Some people believe that they should be able to keep all the money they earn, and should not have to pay tax to the state.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people believe that they should be able to keep all the money they earn, and should not have to pay tax to the state.

• Sikkim
    University: northwestern polytechnic university
    Nationality: Chinese
    September 25, 2019 at 3:37 pm

IELTS Writing Topic: Some people believe that they should be able to keep all the money they earn, and should not have to pay tax to the state. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In many countries, paying taxes is mandatory, since these taxes can be interested in essential services. I believe that imposing a tax on people is beneficial to our society in many aspects, although this regulation may deprive people’s freedom.

The government can pour the levy in facilities and infrastructures that can benefit residents, such as roads, public hospitals and education system. Without money to widen roads, the traffic accident can increase and there will be more traffic congestion. Similarly, if taxes can be funded in medical research, people who suffer from previously incurable diseases may recover. They can thus have higher life quality and achieve happiness. In addition, taxes shoule also be fund in education system, and this can diminish the amount of illiteracy, which can prompt society progress. If there is no taxed charge, the government will have inadequate money on these important projects and may face economic recession.

Imposing a levy on certain consumer goods dan help restrain people’s behavior. For example, the high levy on cigarettes and alcohol can have a potent effect on discourage people to smoke or to drink. As a result, some diseases related to excessive smoking and alcohol abuse will less frequently to happen. This can thus improve people’s health and then mitigate the pressure on medical care.

On the other hand, low income people who cannot afford basic needs or pay a mortgage can be exempted from paying tax. Conversely, governments are under obligation to give financial support to ensure that they can live comfortably.

Overall, I think taxes are the lifeblood of our society. Although disadvantaged people should be exempted, most people are supposed to pay tax to ensure our society function well.

October 9, 2019 at 5:18 pm

It appears I forgot to revise your essay. I will do it shortly.

October 10, 2019 at 1:27 am

IELTS Writing Topic: Some people believe that they should be able to keep all the money they earn, and should not have to pay tax to the state. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Score: 53.7

Issue: Shorten/split sentences exceeding 20 words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate the issues/errors of your essay.

Regards,

Lin Qiu