Some people claim many things that children are taught at school are a waste of time, while others argue that everything learned at school is useful at some time

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people claim many things that children are taught at school are a waste of time, while others argue that everything learned at school is useful at some time

• xinyi. Liang
    University: lixin
    Nationality: China
    August 19, 2020 at 5:18 pm

Some people claim many things that children are taught at school are a waste of time, while others argue that everything learned at school is useful at some time. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Children in this era have learned more and more courses than before, leading some parents concern that lots of the courses are not necessary but only a waste of time while others may reckon all of them should be taught in class. In my point of view, I prefer to agree that most of lessons, not everything, learned from school are meaningful.

People who regard many courses as a waste of time fail to distinguish knowledge from skills. To be more specific, some subjects, such as basic math and grammar, are actually skills which help people to make a living in the society, while other subjects, such as music and painting, are knowledge that not in practical use but aimed to train people how to think diversely. In workplace, a person with creative thinking is able to find new methods when facing difficulties, whereas who without can not. It is obvious that knowledge is a more significiant factor when it comes to the purpose of education, because society needs more individuals who know widely and consider differently than who can only finish a particular job.

People who sometimes regard the whole things taught in school to be useful though aware the influence of the education, ignore the gap between the theory and the practice. For example, graduates always find weird at the time they first to work as the process that company runs does not follow the same way they studied from books. In other words, so complex the real world is that textbooks would never catch. People should fit what they get from colledge into various situations.

In conclusion, a majority of cases teached in school worth the time, although not all of them will be just suitable for the rest of the life. There are still several parts require transfer and improve when using.

August 21, 2020 at 8:08 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 60% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    3. Make your argument clear in the introduction – why do you agree?
    4. Article errors
    5. Spelling errors

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

xinyi. Liang
    August 24, 2020 at 7:25 am

Children in this era have learned more and more courses than before. Some parents concern the majority of the courses only a waste of time whereas others may reckon all of them are necessary. In my point of view, I prefer to agree that most of the school lessons are meaningful.
    People who regard many courses as a waste of time fail to distinguish knowledge from skills. To be more specific, some subjects, such as basic math and grammar, are actually skill-teaching programmes, skills for people to make a living in society. While other subjects, such as music and painting, are for academic knowledge. It is not for practical use but aimed to train people on how to think diversely. In other words, creative thinking enables people to find new methods to solve problems when facing difficulties. This ability is trained in schools before someone could take a job. Thus, such courses should be kept to foster enough individuals with both knowledge and skills.
    People who regard the whole thing taught in school to be useful ignore the gap between the theory and the practice. For example, graduates always find weird when they first time to work because the process which the company runs does not follow the same way they studied from books. So complex the real world is that textbooks would never catch. Hence, everything learned from courses has to change and improve according to conditions. Therefore, academic education does not match perfectly to every question one would face.
    In conclusion, a majority of courses taught in school worth the time yet the rest of them need to transfer and improve when using.

xinyi. Liang
    August 24, 2020 at 1:21 pm

PLEASE FOLLOW THIS VERSION, THANK YOU!

The debate on whether the courses taught at school are time-costing is widely discussed these days. In my point of view, I prefer to agree that most of the school lessons are meaningful.

The reasons are manifold but the major one I think is that the courses offered by the school have their purpose. To be more specific, some subjects, such as basic math and grammar, are actually skill-teaching programmes, skills for people to make a living in society. While other subjects, such as music and painting, are designed to practice students how to think diversely. Although this ability seems not quite practical as language studying, creative thinking is the key for people to find new methods to solve problems when facing difficulties. Thus, None of the courses can be excluded.

Another reason I reckon is that knowledge is preparedness for the future. For example, studying geography seems no good for their future jobs. But the truth is that geography will do great help if any of them decide to enter a forwarding company. One can never imagine when and where any knowledge will be needed. It will be too late to realize the importance of all-round education.

People who regard many courses as a waste of time have their own thoughts. Parents prefer their children to take more skills instead of knowledge as they consider skills are less replaceable than abilities. However, they fail to recognize that every situation requires more than skills. Without strong will power and tenacity, what skills can do is limited.

In conclusion, the things taught in school worth the time with the possibility that children may use them one day.

August 26, 2020 at 1:53 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    2. Use your own words to rewrite the first paragraph.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Tagged: