Some people say that economic growth is the only way to end world poverty and hunger. Others say that economic growth is causing damage to the environment, and should be stopped now. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people say that economic growth is the only way to end world poverty and hunger. Others say that economic growth is causing damage to the environment, and should be stopped now. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

• yinguanhan
    University: Shanghai Jiao Tong University
    Nationality: China
    September 7, 2019 at 2:16 pm

IELTS Writing Topic: Some people say that economic growth is the only way to end world poverty and hunger. Others say that economic growth is causing damage to the environment, and should be stopped now. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

The economic growth brings wealth to modern people, which makes some people suggest that the only way to end world poverty and hunger is to increase one country’s economic growth. While other people argue that it may harm to the environment. As I’m concerned, I partly agreed with these views.

Firstly, the government can provide funding to the poor and the people who are homeless if there is a huge economic growth in the state. These people can afford their basic living expenses with the money given from the country. Besides, the steadily economic growth also can give the poor  children free chance to receive education, which may make them obtain good salary when they grow up and escape from the poverty. From these two points, economic growth can not only end the poverty and famine, but also can generate a good cycle in the society.

Compared to economic growth, the technology development can also prevent poverty and hunger from happening or arising. For example, the production of crops will increase if scientists obtain huge innovation on some machines which are benefit to the agriculture. The people in some poor region can have enough food, and the increase of food production also enables the farmer obtain money from other country, which can prevent them from poor life.

Indeed, there are many countries in history who have caused huge damage to the earth because they only concentrate their attention on the economic development. Though some constructions in some countries have generated non-inverted effect on our environment, I do not think that we humans should stop the economic growth. The main reason I suggest is that many people may lose their jobs , and the high unemployed-rate may cause a lot of social problems. Besides, governments can develop the economy and protect the environment simultaneously, such as protecting the earth by using technology advancement.

To sum up, the economic growth can end the poverty and famine in some region of the world, but it is not the only method. And besides, we humans should not stop the growth of economy either.

September 9, 2019 at 2:06 am

Score: 58.9

Most sentences exceed 20 words, so please split or shorten these sentences. Additionally, you need to shorten your essay to -320 words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate errors/problems in relation to your essay.

Regards,

Lin Qiu

yinguanhan
    September 10, 2019 at 8:13 am

Some people suggest that only economic growth can end poverty and hunger in the world, because it can make humans become rich.While others hold the opposite view —-they think the environmental damage may be caused by the increasing economy.In my opinion,I partly agree with these views.

Firstly, various industries can be improved if there is a steady economic growth in the state. Thus, people are able to obtain more job opportunities and escape from poverty and hunger with their salaries. For example, economic growth can help people from disadvantaged region develop tourism,and the moneyconsumed from touristsmay afford their living expenses. Therefore, economic growth can improve living qualities of poor people effectively.

From another point, economy in one state can be increased through more environmental methods.With steady economy growth, many scientists and universities can get more funding from the government to develop environmental facilities, such as machines to purify the industrial water. Thus, the relationship between economic growth and environment protection can be balanced well through the technology advancement.

Indeed, there are several countries had paid huge price on economic growth and generated non-inverted effect on the environment. For example, some countries exploit huge amount of various mineral resources to develop industry for the purpose of high economic growth. This kind of behaviors had led to the enormous damage to the earth because many of the mines can not be regenerated.

To sum up, the economic growth can end the poverty and famine in some region of the world, but it is not the only method. And besides, we humans should not stop the growth of economy either, because it may cause high unemployed rate and many social problems.

September 10, 2019 at 8:27 pm

Score: 41.8

You need to improve your essay by addressing the following problems:

• Shorten/split sentences exceeding 20 words;
    • Avoid errors in conventions and spacing.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate the problems/errors.

yinguanhan
    September 12, 2019 at 3:07 am

Modern people has been holding different attitudes on economic growth. Some of them support it because they say it is the only way to end poverty and hunger. While others oppose that view for the reason of the damage on environment caused by the economic growth. As I’m concerned, I partly agree with these views.

In the first place, the steady economic growth can promote the development of various industries. Thus, the government are able to provide more job opportunities to the citizens. With these job opportunities, people can make money to afford their living expenses to escape from poverty and hunger. Besides with the profits produced by factories, governments also can provide more funding to children who come from disadvantaged regions. Then the children may be useful to the society. Therefore, economic can not only end the poverty and hunger, but also generate good cycle between the different class in the society.

From another point, technology advancements may help humans to increase economy environmentally. For example, industries can make profits in more environmental ways, such as machines which can purify the industrial water.  Thus, we humans can achieve high profits without damage our environment.

Indeed, the economic growth may lead to non-inverted damage to our environment. For instance, some countries had paid huge price on the exploitation of nonrenewable resources. This kind of behaviors may lead to the natural pollution and resources waste, which will cause enormous damage on our earth. However, the unemployed rate may rise and cause many social problems, if we stop the growth of economy.

To sum up, the economic growth can damage our environment. However, the economic should not be stopped.

September 19, 2019 at 4:38 pm

Score: 56

I will send you screenshots to illustrate problems/errors concerning your essay. Re-submit your revised essay.

Regards,

Lin Qiu

yinguanhan
    September 20, 2019 at 2:04 am

Modern people have been holding different attitudes on economic growth. Some of them support it because they say it is the only way to end poverty and hunger. While others oppose that view for the damage to the environment caused by economic growth. As I’m concerned, I partly agree with these views.

In the first place, the steady economic growth can promote the development of various industries. Thus, the government can provide more job opportunities to the citizens. With these job opportunities, people can make money to afford their living expenses to escape from poverty and hunger. Besides the profits produced by factories, governments also can provide more funding to children who come from disadvantaged regions. Then the children may be useful to society. Therefore, economic can not only end poverty and hunger but also generate good cycle between the different class in society.

From another point, technology advancements may help humans to increase economy environmentally. For example, industries can make profits in more environmental ways, such as machines which can purify industrial water. Thus, we humans can achieve high profits without damage to our environment.

Indeed, economic growth may lead to non-inverted damage to our environment. For instance, some countries had paid a massive price on the exploitation of nonrenewable resources. This kind of behaviours may lead to natural pollution and resources waste, which will cause enormous damage to our earth. However, the unemployment rate may rise and cause many social problems if we stop the growth of the economy.

To sum up,  we should not terminate economic growth, although it may damage our environment.

September 22, 2019 at 3:01 am

Score: 53.9

I will send you the final revision soon.

September 26, 2019 at 1:50 pm

Modern people have been holding different attitudes on economic growth. Some of them support it because they say it is the only way to end poverty and hunger. While others oppose that view for the damage to the environment caused by economic growth. As I’m concerned, I partly agree with these views.

In the first place, the steady economic growth can promote the development of various industries. Thus, the government can provide more job opportunities to the citizens. With these job opportunities, people can make money to afford their living expenses to escape from poverty and hunger. Besides the profits produced by factories, governments also can provide more funding to children who come from disadvantaged regions. Then the children may be useful to society. Therefore, economic can not only end poverty and hunger but also generate good cycle between the different class in society.

From another point, technology advancements may help humans to increase economy environmentally. For example, industries can make profits in more environmental ways, such as machines which can purify industrial water. Thus, we humans can achieve high profits without damage to our environment.

Indeed, economic growth may lead to non-inverted damage to our environment. For instance, some countries had paid a massive price on the exploitation of nonrenewable resources. This kind of behaviours may lead to natural pollution and resources waste, which will cause enormous damage to our earth. However, the unemployment rate may rise and cause many social problems if we stop the growth of the economy.

To sum up,  we should not terminate economic growth, although it may damage our environment.

September 26, 2019 at 2:30 pm