Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, house, community, or even climate. Which do you prefer: staying in one place or moving in search of another place?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, house, community, or even climate. Which do you prefer: staying in one place or moving in search of another place?

• fzc
    University: Donghua University
    Nationality: China
    October 26, 2020 at 2:59 am

Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, house, community, or even climate. Which do you prefer: staying in one place or moving in search of another place?

In undergraduate school, I have met several students who hesitate between finding a lasting job in the small town they come from or finding a challenging job wherever have opportunities. Ultimately, choosing different ways of life reflect on different values. Different people, different views. I would like to move in search of another place.

Moving to different places means more possibilities. My father used to teach English in a high school in rural areas after obtaining a bachelor’s degree. He was well paid and enjoyed high social status, but he was not fulfilled. He chose to apply for graduate school to study his favorite subject, history. In graduate school, he met my mother and got married. After I was born, my parents decided to move to the capital due to a better job offer. Now my father is a history professor at a well-known university.

I would like to move to various places to see a bigger world and to experience different cultures. I have traveled to the United States on a package tour for 5 days at an early age. All I can remember is waving my magic wand in the Harry Potter World. Last year, I went to America again and lived in California for 2 months. This time, I had enough time to walk through different neighborhoods, to talk to local people, and to visit unpopular but meaningful sights. Through the two-month living, I gained a deeper understanding of American society. My American friends and I shared our opinions on social problems, international politics, and a bunch of other questions. I have learned a lot from them. Hence, I made my decision of applying for graduate school here thanks to this experience.

October 26, 2020 at 7:00 pm

Invalid [Please complete the revision of your first essay prior to submitting another one.]