Some people think lawbreakers should be sent to prisons while others claim they should be made to work in communities. Discuss both and give your own opinion.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people think lawbreakers should be sent to prisons while others claim they should be made to work in communities. Discuss both and give your own opinion.

• krynie
    University: Sichuan University
    Nationality: China
    November 4, 2019 at 1:08 pm

IELTS Writing Topic: Some people think lawbreakers should be sent to prisons while others claim they should be made to work in communities. Discuss both and give your own opinion.

The prison is widely used as a punishment in many countries, as some people agree to. While there exists another group of people who think those criminals with better talent should be requested to work. Personally, I strongly think they are not mutually exclusive.

Advocates of the prison accepting someone who breaks the law might believe that such a punishment could serve as a deterrent to both criminals and would-be criminals. Deprived of freedom and bright prospect, criminals are punished due to being put in prison. For those potential criminals, they might decide whether to commit with caution, as the outcomes of their formers are shown.

Comparing with giving a prison sentence, those who choose to be for making criminals with better talents work might argue that their method has its inherent advantages. Free of the norm that all these criminals should be sent to prison, it takes advantage of exploiting the potential of their brains to make contributions to the whole society. Not to mention that it could save prison cost, taxes being allocated to fields involved more people, like infrastructure.

From my perspective, these methods could be incorporated which means only those who both with wisdom and self-discipline, which are observed and found based on their short -term performances at the prison, should be entitled to work, with necessary surveillance. This way could not only make those criminals with talent feel they are useful and make contributions to but also can guarantee the rest gets reasonable punishments.

In all, I strongly believe that either sending lawbreakers to prison or making those with talent work have their deterrent effects, and they could be applied together, depending on the talented criminals’ performances.

November 4, 2019 at 2:26 pm

IELTS Writing Topic: Some people think lawbreakers should be sent to prisons while others claim they should be made to work in communities. Discuss both and give your own opinion.

Score: Ungraded

Your essay contains a huge number of passive and lengthy sentences. You need to change them to their active counterparts/to shorten or split into 2 sentences with fewer than 20 words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Regards,

Lin Qiu