Some people think printed books are no longer necessary in this digital era as all writing can be stored electronically. Others think printed books still play an important role. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people think printed books are no longer necessary in this digital era as all writing can be stored electronically. Others think printed books still play an important role. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

• STACY
    University: ZHEJIANG UNIVERSITY
    Nationality: CHINESE
    July 22, 2020 at 8:16 am

Some people think printed books are no longer necessary in this digital era as all writing can be stored electronically. Others think printed books still play an important role. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Traditional printed book is considered less important in modern society by some people. I disagree with this idea since printed books are still in demand in many occasions.

The main reason printed books are less significant in digital time is the development of electronic books which can be more easily to store and carry. With the advance of the Internet technology,  people tend to take electronic devices everywhere and electronic books therefore turn out to be the most convenient choice to do some reading, because they take up much less space and are much easier to take away. Reading on a screen can also provide various search options, saving a lot of time for readers to get what they want to read.

However, some people argue that traditional paper books are of great value in our daily life. Printed books are regarded as a form of culture. They have existed more than thousands of years and have been seen as a symbol of culture heritag. While reading paper books, people can enjoy the entertainment of turning the pages and can take notes in a more comfortable way. They also play an important role in education system because children are not suggested to use electronic books as their textbooks, which may lead to lack of concentration in class and even cause damage to their eyesight in a young age.

In my view, I would argue that electronic books do bring convenience in our reading time but printed books still occupy an irreplaceable position in digital era. Though e-books have well developed and can be found in different electronic equipment, there are people who cannot have a good demand of those digital devices. The existence of printed books is not only an extra way for reading, but also the only mean for those who do not understand how to read an e-book.

July 22, 2020 at 2:14 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Punctuation errors;
    2. Article errors;
    3. Preposition errors;
    4. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    5. About 25% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.