Some people think that individuals, planning for the future is a waste of time. It is more important for individuals to focus on the present.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people think that individuals, planning for the future is a waste of time. It is more important for individuals to focus on the present.

• @Lucy
    University: 河池学院
    Nationality: China
    August 11, 2020 at 8:09 am

Some people think that individuals, planning for the future is a waste of time. It is more important for individuals to focus on the present. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some people think that it is insignificant for individuals to make plans for the future and they should focus on the present. Although I believe the present is important, I do not agree that planning for the future is a waste of time.

Paying close attention to the present makes people more focused and efficient because it gives them a sense of urgency. For example, students who focus on the present exam to study hard are more likely to achieve better academic performance than those who only dream of it. Understanding the importance of the present also can make individuals cherish every moment and reduce their stress and anxiety caused by challenging tasks and an uncertain future.

However, I believe making plans for the future also plays a key role in individuals’ life. Making a plan and being committed to it can motivate us to work hard and make progress towards the goal that is set by the plan.

Also, having a clear goal is beneficial for individuals to put things in perspective, set priorities and reduce unnecessary mistakes. For example, new university graduates who have clear career plans tend to concentrate on job opportunities that help to carry out their plans and achieve their potential instead of wasting time to applying for jobs that do not suit their career plans.

In conclusion, making plans for the future can help individuals to more focus on the present and enjoy life more fully. And it also helps to keep them on the right track to achieving their educational, professional and personal goals.

August 13, 2020 at 7:35 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. Make your argument clear in the introduction, why do you agree/disagree?
    3. Preposition errors
    4. Be more forceful – choose one side or the other.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.