Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of the society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of the society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

• Sinsoledad
    University: Nanjing University of Post and Telecommunication
    Nationality: China
    November 1, 2019 at 12:55 am

IELTS Task 2: Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of the society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Cambridge 8 Test 1 Task 2

People have different views about which one should be responsible for teaching children to be good members of society, parents or schools. While there are many benefits if children learn this from schools, I strongly believe that parents are the optimal choice to tell children about this.

On the one hand, children spend most of their time in schools, thus there is a lot of time for them to learn things. In schools, children communicate with their classmates and teachers, then they have more chances to get some skills about interaction which is really important for them when they entre into the society. In addition, teachers have abundant experience in getting along with children, therefore, teachers seem have advantages in teaching children. Moreover, schools are also  convenient to find out children’s inapporiate behavious which may be negelcted by their parents, then guide them to the right direction. So it can be argued that schools should provide children with knowledges about ways to be good membes of society.

On the other hand, as the old saying goes:” Parents are the best teachers for children.” Parents are the people who company with chidren in the process of their growth, which means that they are the closest kinsfolks for children. It is obvious that parents have influence on children imperceptible. Due to special relations between them, parents are able to be more convincing and it will be helpful to educate their children. Last but not least, the public always accuse parents of their children’s mistakes, then we can tell that parents have main reponsibilities to teach children to be good individuals of society.

In conclusion, I can understand why some people think that schools can be better in teaching children about societal morm, but it seems to me that parents are the most significant people who can affect children’s behaviours and guide help them to be good persons of society.

November 4, 2019 at 9:10 pm

Score: ungraded.

Problems:

1. 75% of the sentences contain more than 20 words; you need to shorten or split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.