Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course is useful to an employer. 

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course is useful to an employer. 

• Quaint
    University: Guangdong Ocean University
    Nationality: China
    September 17, 2022 at 9:40 am

Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course is useful to an employer. 

What, in your opinion, should be the main function of a university?

There are many different views on the topic: What should be the main function of a university?

Some people may say: University should prepare graduates knowledge and skills to work, because it’s a transition between campus and the society . University is obliged to provide graduates with  proper  knowledge and skills. In contrast, other people insist that university is a place to approach knowledge, regardless of wether it’s useful in work.

In my opinion, I think university is not obliged to provide useful knowledge and skills. In fact, it should equip students with proper-level of morality and quality. During university, people are having their precious growing time, when proper-level of morality and quality may contribute to complete them to be real grownup adults. Apart from this, Clarify graduates’life patterns is also vital. University should achieve this by organizing comprehensive courses. Although it’s important for graduates to have the knowledge and skills to work, I personally consider that it can  be trained during working, which will be more specific and professional.

overall, I generally assume that the main function should be morality and quality education and clarify life plannings. Useful skill for work just not that important.

September 18, 2022 at 1:28 am

Complete the revision of your first essay prior to submitting another one.

Quaint
    University: Guangdong Ocean University
    Nationality: China
    September 19, 2022 at 5:05 am

I had completed it, and submitted it below the reply.