Some students prefer to choose smaller classes with fewer students (professors can know each student’s name), while others prefer to take bigger classes with lots of students. Which do you prefer and why?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Some students prefer to choose smaller classes with fewer students (professors can know each student’s name), while others prefer to take bigger classes with lots of students. Which do you prefer and why?

• Bruce_1225
    University: scau
    Nationality: China
    February 21, 2020 at 9:45 am

Some students prefer to choose smaller classes with fewer students (professors can know each student’s name), while others prefer to take bigger classes with lots of students. Which do you prefer and why?

As I have taken both types of classes, I prefer the smaller classes to the large one. There are three reasons for my choice.

First of all, I think that a class with fewer students means a higher efficiency. For one thing, the professor probably know each other’s name, and he/she is also able to know the situations of students. Therefore, the professor will give more practical suggestions for students separately, which is helpful to enhance our grade progressively.  For another, although teachers commonly use the same syllabus to teach one course, the levels of classes are different so teachers should change a bit the way of teaching. Small classes can divided students into different classes according to their marks, and it can let professors find the most suitable way to teach.

Secondly, students tend to be more familiar with their teachers in the small classes. This creates an opportunity to talk to their professors or instructors. We know that outgoing people are more likely to contact with others, and this is not friendly to introvert. However, small classes make those introvert be more willing to contact with the teacher. Additionally, small classes can send a representative to ask teacher about something most students don’t understand.

Thirdly, small classes not only make professors be closer to students, but also tighten the relationship of each students, which larger classes don’t have. Closer connection causes high efficient collaboration. I used to took a math class in a small class and I am sure I knew all of them because of the small amount of people. When working on a group assignment, I remembered that it’s much easier to connect with my teammates than those classmates of the large class. Also, we are more familiar with each other, so we can talk more freely while doing our work. Sometimes students can create a study group without the arrangement of the professor, and that makes teaching quality greater.

All in all, I think this is high-quality for students and also high efficient for teaching, so I am willing to take smaller classes.

February 21, 2020 at 5:17 pm

Score: 68.4

Issues:

1. Nearly 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Bruce_1225
    February 22, 2020 at 9:38 am

As I have taken both types of classes, I prefer the smaller classes to the large one. There are three reasons for my choice.

First of all, I think that a class with fewer students means higher efficiency. For one thing, the professor knows the names and situations of students. So, the professor is able to give practical suggestions separately for students, which is helpful to improve their grade.  For another, university can divide students into different small classes according to their marks. Then, professors can decide what content should be taught considering varying situations of those classes.

Another important reason is that students in a small class tend to be more familiar with their teachers. This creates an opportunity to talk to their professors or instructors. We know that outgoing people are more likely to contact with others, but the introvert are not. Small classes make introvert students more willing to talk to their teacher. Another advantage for the introvert is that they can talk to teachers in an indirect way. For instance, after a discussion, students find out a question that most people don’t understand. They can dispatch a representative to ask the professor for the answer. Unlike large classes, it is much easier for them to solve the problem above because of the smaller group.

Lastly, small classes tighten the connection of each student, which larger classes can not. Affinity causes efficient collaboration. I used to take a small math class, and now I still remember all members. During an assignment, it is quickly to contact my partners. This made our discussion done well and satisfying. I bet a large class don’t have such an efficiency. Since we knew each other, it’s also possible for us to build a study group without the arrangement of the professor.

Broadly speaking, in my opinion a small class is high-quality for students and efficient for teachers, so I am willing to take small classes.

February 23, 2020 at 3:32 am

Score: ungraded

As I have taken both types of classes [info introduced without preparation  ], I prefer the[article error  ] smaller classes to the[article error  ] large one[ word form error/classes ]. There are three reasons for my choice.[ This is not writing; specify ]

First of all, I think that[redundant  ] a class with fewer students means [ wrong word ]higher efficiency[ unclear ]. For one thing, the professor knows the names and situations[wrong word  ] of students. [ punctuation error with coordinating word ]So, the professor is able to give practical suggestions separately for[ preposition error ] students, which is helpful[ Dull BE verb ] to improve their[unclear pronoun  ] grade[ word form ].  For another, university can divide [  logical error/ can university divide..?]students into different[redundant  ] small classes according to their marks. Then, professors can decide what content should be taught considering varying situations of those classes.

Another important reason is that students in a small class tend to[ wrong phrase ] be more familiar with their teachers. This creates an opportunity to talk to their professors or instructors. (We know that)[redundant  ] outgoing people are more likely to contact with [preposition error  ]others, but the introvert[ unclear ] are not. Small classes make introvert students more willing to talk to their teacher[ word form error ]. Another advantage for the introvert is that [ redundant ]they can talk to teachers in an indirect way. For instance, after a discussion, students find out a question that most people don’t understand. They can dispatch a representative to ask the professor for the answer. Unlike large classes, it[logical confusion  ] is much easier[lack comparison  ] for them to solve the problem above[  redundant] because of the smaller group.

Lastly, small classes tighten the connection of each student[logical error  ], which larger classes can[wrong verb  ] not. Affinity causes efficient collaboration. [ choppy sentence ]I used to take a small math class, and now I still remember all members. During an assignment, it is quickly [  word form error]to contact my partners[ rephrase ]. This made our discussion done well [ rephrase ]and satisfying. I bet a large class don’t[ grammatical error ] have such an [ article error ]efficiency. Since we knew each other, it’s[informal  ] also possible for us to build a study group without the arrangement of[ wrong preposition ] the professor.

Broadly speaking, in my opinion [ punctuation error ]a small class is high-quality[  grammatial error] for students and efficient for teachers, so I am willing to take small classes.

Bruce_1225
    March 2, 2020 at 3:43 pm

Nowadays, college students are having an intensive discussion about the size of classes. As I have taken both types of classes, I have my own opinions about these two types, and I prefer to take a small class.

First of all, A class with fewer students brings high efficiency. For one thing, the professor knows the names and states of students, so the professor is able to give practical suggestions separately to students, which helps students to improve their grades. For another, students can separate into several small classes according to their marks. Then, professors can decide what content should be taught considering varying states of those classes.

Another important reason is that students in a small class have more chances to communicate with their teachers. This creates an opportunity to talk to their instructors. Outgoing people are more likely to contact others, but unsociable people are not. Small classes make introvert students more willing to talk to their teachers. Another advantage for the introvert is they can talk to teachers in an indirect way. For instance, after a discussion, students find out a question that most people don’t understand. They can dispatch a representative to ask the professor for the answer. Unlike large classes, small classes are much easier for them to solve the problem because of the smaller group.

Lastly, small classes make the relationship between students much closer than large classes. Members in a closer group can feel satisfaction from the experience of the efficient collaboration. For instance, I used to take a small math class, and now I still remember all members. During the discussion of an assignment, I received their replies as soon as possible. Therefore, we completed the task fast. I bet a large class doesn’t have such efficiency. Since we knew each other, it is also possible for us to build a study group without the arrangement from the professor.

Broadly speaking, in my opinion, a small class is of high quality for students and efficient for teachers, so I am willing to take small classes.

March 6, 2020 at 4:37 am

Score: 69.1

Final Revision

Nowadays, college students are having an intensive discussion about the size of classes [factual error; don’t fabricate things against the truth   ]. As I have taken both types of classes, I have my own opinions about these two types, and I prefer to take a small class.

First of all, A class with fewer students brings high efficiency. For one thing, the professor knows the names and states[wrong word   ] of students, so the professor is able to give practical suggestions separately to [ article error  ]students personalized suggestions, which helps students [repetition   ]to improve their grades. For another, students can separate [ grammatical error  ]into several small classes according to their marks. Then, professors can decide what content should be taught appropriate teaching content considering varying states of those classes[ wrong words  ].

Another important reason is that students in a small class have more chances to communicate with their teachers. This creates an opportunity to talk to their instructors. [ lack connection from the prior sentence  ]Outgoing people are more likely to contact others, but unsociable people are not. Small classes make introvert students more willing to talk to their teachers. Another advantage for the introvert is that they can talk to teachers in an indirect way. For instance, after a discussion, students find out a question that most people don’t understand. They can dispatch a representative to ask the professor for the answer. Unlike large classes, small classes are much easier for them to solve the problem because of the smaller group.

Lastly, small classes make the relationship between students much closer than[ lack  a comparison  ] large classes. Members in a closer [unclear   ]group can feel satisfaction[word form error   ] from the experience of the efficient collaboration[ confusing  ]. For instance, I used to take a small math class, and now I still remember all members. During the discussion of an assignment, I received their replies as soon as possible. Therefore, we completed the task fast. I bet a large class doesn’t have such efficiency. Since we knew each other, it is also possible for us to build a study group without the arrangement from/by the professor.

Broadly speaking, in my opinion, a small class is of high quality for students and efficient [unparalleled   ]for teachers, so I am willing to take small classes.