Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group of students. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Samples (all perfect score) Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group of students. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• May 21, 2019 at 10:02 pm

Sherry

University: XD University

Nationality: China

TOEFL Essay Topic: Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group of students. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Study habits vary from person to person, and we are always searching for the most suitable one. It is no wonder that some students prefer to study alone, while others prefer to study with a group of students. For me, studying alone is the better choice.

From some people’s perspective, studying with a group can improve the chance of learning from others. Students discuss together and during this process, they can gain new ideas and experience. When we are in a group, we can make the best use of our strong points. Also, the learning environment among the group would stimulate the ambition in our hearts. In addition, this form is similar to the way that people work in a company, and we could promote our communication ability in this way. Though there are plenty of advantages, studying alone is the most effective way for me to advance.

First of all, due to my personality, it is hard for me to restrain my desire to communicate with others. People around me can be a distraction holding me back from concentration. Because of this, I need a quiet learning environment. Moreover, my major is engineering, which means I need more attention to understand the obscure knowledge. This process is essential and cannot be replaced by discussions with others. That is to say the advantages of studying with a group do not exist. Admittedly, sometimes students prefer to avoid thinking deeply since if we have the chance to ask the top students in the group, we might stop struggling on our own.

Both study styles have their distinct advantages, and neither one is better. But studying alone will always be more suitable for me.