Some think that it is better to get information or advice from other people, while others believe one can get any information or advice from the Internet or books. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some think that it is better to get information or advice from other people, while others believe one can get any information or advice from the Internet or books. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

• SamL24
    University: University of Alberta
    Nationality: China
    March 1, 2020 at 4:19 am

Some think that it is better to get information or advice from other people, while others believe one can get any information or advice from the Internet or books. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

In the modern world, people have access to a world of knowledge through books or the Internet. However, some people argue that information or advice provided by humans is better. In my opinion, as information from books or the Internet are sometimes generic, advice from other people can be more relevant and helpful to address real-life problems.

On the one hand, books and the Internet allow ones to acquire many information, including what other people can not provide. Because of the prevalence of printed matter and the advent of the Internet, individuals can easily acquire a wide range of information. For example, people can read news on their electronic devices and learn theoretical knowledge from academic books. In contrast, human beings, due to the limitation of knowledge and capacity of memory, are not reliable sources of some information. However, this information can be easily acquired from books or the internet, such as Newton’s Second Law and the current stock prices.

On the other hand, I believe advice from people can help address some practical issues that are not covered in books or on the Internet. People with experience and expertise, like lawyers and consultants, can provide professional and effective solutions to the real-life issues. Moreover, through communication, people can gain a fully understanding of the problems in order to find feasible ways to tackle tough issues. Conversely, books or the Internet usually only contains theoretical or general information, which sometimes can not suit many people’s actual needs.

To sum up, people greatly benefit from various types of information from books and the Internet. In my opinion, advice from people can better solve actual problems.

March 3, 2020 at 10:03 pm

Score: 49.1

Issues:

1. Nearly 60% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. More than 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

SamL24
    University: University of Alberta
    Nationality: China
    March 4, 2020 at 2:28 am

In the modern world, people have access to a world of knowledge through books or the Internet. However, some people argue that information or advice provided by humans is better. As information from books or the Internet is sometimes generic, I think advice from other people can be more helpful to address real-life problems.

First and foremost, books and the Internet allow individuals to acquire a wide range of information. The Internet and books have stored information from the past and present. For example, many people learn theoretical knowledge from academic books and read the news on their electronic devices. In contrast, human beings might not be reliable sources of some information due to their limitation of knowledge. For instance, without access to the Internet or printed matter, lots of people would fail to explain Newton’s Second Law or tell the current stock prices.

Nevertheless, advice from people can help address practical issues. People with experience or expertise can provide useful solutions to real-life issues. Through communication, they can gain a comprehensive understanding of the problems and find realistic ways to tackle them. Whereas, books and the Internet do not cover most of the problems that people encounter in the real world. As books or the Internet usually contains general information, specific suggestions from humans can better suit people’s actual needs.

Overall, books and the Internet provide a great deal of information. Despite this, I agree that advice from people can better solve actual problems, while Information from books and the Internet is universal.

March 4, 2020 at 2:49 am

Score: 64.8

Final Revision

In the modern world, people have access to a world of knowledge through books or/and the Internet. However, some people[repetition ] argue that information or advice provided by humans is better. As information from books or the Internet is sometimes generic, I think advice from other people can be more helpful to address real-life problems.

First and foremost, books and the Internet allow individuals to acquire a wide range of information. The Internet and books have stored information [ repetition] from the past and present. For example, many people learn theoretical knowledge from academic books and read the news on their electronic devices. In contrast, human beings might not be reliable sources of some information due to their limitation of knowledge. For instance, without access to the Internet or printed matter, lots of people would fail to explain Newton’s Second Law or tell the current stock prices.

Nevertheless, advice from people can help address practical issues. People with experience or expertise can provide useful solutions to real-life issues. Through communication, they can gain/develop a comprehensive understanding of the problems and find realistic ways to tackle them. Whereas, books and the Internet do not cover most of the problems that people encounter in the real world. As books or the Internet usually contains general information, specific suggestions from humans can better suit people’s actual needs.

Overall, books and the Internet provide a great deal of information. Despite this, I agree that advice from people can better solve actual problems, while Information [spelling error ] from books and the Internet is universal.