Some university teachers prefer to record their lectures before classes. In this way, students will be familiar with the lecture in advance and teachers help students practice in classes while they are watching or listening to lectures.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Some university teachers prefer to record their lectures before classes. In this way, students will be familiar with the lecture in advance and teachers help students practice in classes while they are watching or listening to lectures.

• milphas
    University: Shandong University
    Nationality: PRC
    March 6, 2020 at 2:23 am

Some university teachers prefer to record their lectures before classes. In this way, students will be familiar with the lecture in advance and teachers help students practice in classes while they are watching or listening to lectures.

Nowadays, more and more university teacher assign students to watch recorded lectures in advance then do practice based on the lecture in class. Some people think it’s a good idea, while others disagree with such a method. In my opinion, it’s a beneficial way for students to learn better. Reasons and examples are stated beneath.

To begin with, watching recorded lectures in advance enables students to figure out their problems and weakness, which makes it possible for teachers help solve the problems for them in classroom. For example, last month, our math teacher assigned us to watch recorded lecture about the knowledge of next chapter of our textbook in advance. During watching the videos, I found out that I couldn’t grab the usage of several complex formulas, which bothered me a lot. Thus, I wrote down and highlighted them, then took my notes to the teacher on the next day. With the help of my teacher and practice done on the class, I successfully comprehended the meaning of the formulas and learned to use them proficiently. Therefore, watching the recorded lectures helps students to clarify confusions and problems better.

Second, watching recorded lectures in advance provides students with a more efficient class in the classroom. As most of the students have already grabbed the rudimentary knowledge that is required to repeat again and again in the past, they are able to move directly to more intensive studying. Still take my math course as an example. Since most of the students clarified the basic conceptions and formulas mentioned in the textbook, with the help of the recorded courses, we are free from incessant processes of questioning the most simple context on the textbook and arguing about it for a whole class. Instead, we straightly jumped out to more intensive and further discussion about how to figure out the assigned questions in a more proper way.

The points mentioned above illustrated the reason why I support students to watch recorded lectures in advance.

March 6, 2020 at 3:54 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

milphas
    University: Shandong University
    Nationality: PRC
    March 7, 2020 at 3:32 pm

Nowadays, some university teachers make their students watch recorded lectures in advance, and then students do practice bases on what they have learned in the lecture. Some people think it’s a good idea, while others disagree with such a method. I think it’s a beneficial way for students to learn better. To support my point of view, I state reasons and examples below.

To begin with, watching recorded lectures in advance enables students to realize their problems and backwardness. Thus, they can get help in the classroom. For example, at the day before our math class, the teacher assigned us to watch a recorded lecture. During watching the videos, I found out that I couldn’t understand the usage of several complex formulas, which bothered me a lot. Thus, I highlighted them, then took my notes to the teacher next day. She used examples to show me how to exert the formulas step by step. Finally, I had a good command of them. However, if I didn’t watch the videos, I may feel too lost during the class to keep pace with the teacher.

Second, watching recorded lectures in advance provides students with a more efficient class in the classroom. With the help of recorded lectures, students have an overall understanding of the rudimentary knowledge. Then they directly move to more intensive studying in the classroom. In math classes, teachers are free from explaining the origin of certain conceptions again and again. Besides, students can take times on classes to discuss more proper ways to solve math problems. It strengthens their math capability by taking theory into practice. All in all, having some advanced learning helps both students and teachers to save a lot of time.

The points mentioned above illustrated the reason why I support students to watch recorded lectures in advance then do practice based on them.

March 12, 2020 at 2:54 am

Score: 64.9

Nowadays, some university teachers make their students watch recorded lectures in advance, and then students do practice bases on what they have learned in the lecture. Some people think it’s[informal writing ] a good idea, while others disagree with such a method. I think it’s[ informal] a beneficial way for students to learn better. To support my point of view, I state[article error ] reasons and examples below[unclear thesis/specify ] .

To begin with, watching recorded lectures in advance enables students to realize their problems and backwardness[incorrect word ] . Thus, they can get help in the classroom. For example, at [ wrong preposition] the day before our math class, the teacher assigned[ wrong word] us to watch a recorded lecture. During watching the videos[ repetition] , I found out that I couldn’t understand the usage of several complex formulas, which bothered me a lot. Thus, I highlighted them, then[ grammatical error] took my notes to the teacher[ article error] next day. She used examples to show me how to exert the formulas step by step. Finally, I had a good command of them. However, if I didn’t watch the videos, I may[grammatical error in relation to subjunctive voice ] feel too lost during the class to keep pace with the teacher.

Second, watching recorded lectures in advance provides students with a more efficient class in the classroom[ wordy] . With the help of recorded lectures, students have an overall understanding of the rudimentary knowledge. Then they directly move to more intensive studying in the classroom. In math classes, teachers are free from explaining the origin of certain conceptions again and again[wordy ] . Besides, students can take times on[wrong preposition ] classes to discuss more proper ways to solve math problems. It[ unclear pronoun] strengthens their math[word form error ] capability by taking[wrong word ] theory into practice. All in all, having some advanced learning helps both students and teachers to save a lot of time.

The points mentioned above illustrated the reason why I support [students to watch recorded lectures in advance then do practice)[ logically confusing/support students or support their act?] based on them[unclear pronoun ] .

jiankun
    University: UESTC
    Nationality: China
    October 27, 2020 at 3:48 pm

<h3>Some university teachers prefer to record their lectures before classes. In this way, students will be familiar with the lecture in advance and teachers help students practice in classes while they are watching or listening to lectures.</h3>
    College teachers are seeking for efficient ways to teach college students who are considered independent and intelligent. Someone proposes a novel teaching model that college teachers ask students to watch or listen to a recorded lecture before class and do practices about what they have learned in class. Generally speaking, I think it is a good idea for three reasons.

Firstly, students are able to spend enough time learning and digesting the knowledge before class, whereas it is hard to comprehend completely what the professor has talked of in a 45-minute class. To be more specific, students before class can spend at least a whole night preparing the lesson tomorrow, watching the recorded lectures, browsing through the textbook, consulting reference books, or discussing with classmates, which are helpful approaches to enhance their knowledge. After finishing these, students will not have the fear of getting confused in class. Moreover, some excellent students are able to make use of the provided course resources to think about some hard problems and put their questions forward in class, which is good for exploiting their study potential. To illustrate, I could imagine how upset my sister Gina was when she told me that she always felt difficult to keep up with the pace of the professor’s speech. Due to a lot of elusive concepts taught in class, she became frustrated and consequently fell behind in the final exam. What if the teacher provided my sister recorded lecture before class? In this way, my sister could clear up her confusion and gain the knowledge by watching the course videos several times.

Secondly, in addition to the students’ better understanding, teachers can benefit from saving time and energy on teaching the knowledge in class. Given the same course, the teachers teach very similar knowledge every semester for different classes. Elucidating the concepts again and again is an arduous work. By way of example, I can recall my math teacher Ms. Lee who felt tired and uncomfortable after teaching 3 classes, or around 5 hours within a day but she still had another course later. This in turn had inverse effects on the result of teaching. However, if there are recorded lectures, the teachers do not need to spend much energy on speaking in class. Instead, the students take the exam in class concerning what they have learned before class. The teachers merely answer the students’ questions from self-learning process and tests, or highlight some arcane ideas, which is much easier for teachers.

Finally, studying in front of the screen alone, without timely communication with teachers, does not necessarily mean that college students cannot study with efficiency. I will be the first to admit that there are students out there who have developed long-term learning habits of listening to the lecture in class; it’s instinctive in many of them to continue to study more effectively during in class rather than before class. Despite this possibility, under the new model of teaching in college, I gradually became less dependent on teachers than I did in high school and learned how to solve problems by searching relevant resources and solutions on the Internet. I think this is the case for many other college students as well, so I do not think it is necessarily fair to claim that, just because the students do not interact with teachers, then they cannot study efficiently by watching the recorded lecture. In fact, I believe learning by recorded courses is a good start to handle the transition to self-learning in college.

By the way of conclusion, based on the arguments explored above, I am of the opinion that in most cases college teachers should adopt the new teaching method, recording the lecture in advance and letting the students watch it before class, which is better for all concerned, both the students and the teachers.