Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Sometimes it is better not to tell the truth. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Sometimes it is better not to tell the truth. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer

• xiaoyf
    University: Sun Yat-Sen University
    Nationality: main land China
    July 22, 2020 at 8:22 pm

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Sometimes it is better not to tell the truth. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

We were all told by our parents that lying was a bad thing at childhood, but when we grew up we also knew that sometimes we had to tell a lie avoiding worse consequence. So, some people have an idea that sometimes it is better not to tell the truth. From my perspective, I think they are right. And I have some reasons to receive this idea.

First of all, telling the truth sometimes will bring us bad consequence. You can try to image that one good person was chased by a group of bad people, and if he or she been caught, he or she would be killed by them. In addition, this poor guy ran into your house and hided. Then,Bad people asked you “where the person go?”. Would you tell them the truth? Everyone knows that lying is a bad thing. But if you didn’t lie to the bad people, you would make a good person get killed. I would lie to them if this is a real thing. Because I think a person’s life is more valuable than the truth at that time

Secondly, not to be honest sometimes make people comfortable. For example, if your friend was diagnosed with cancer and the doctor told you that he or she would die within one year. Would you told him he truth? I think I would choose to told him that I don’t know and let someone else to told him the truth. Because this can reduce the sense of guilt of telling cruel things to others.

From what I have discussed above, I can draw the conclusion that telling the truth is not always the right choice. Because sometimes the truth is cruel and it would bring us a bad consequence even worse than lying.

July 23, 2020 at 9:38 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Verb tense errors;
    2. Word choice errors;
    3. Singular vs. plural errors;
    4. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

xiaoyf
    July 27, 2020 at 5:04 am

At childhood, we were educated by our parents that lying was wrong, but when we grew up, we also knew that sometimes we had to tell a lie avoiding worse consequence. So, some people have an idea that sometimes it is better not to tell the truth. From my perspective, I admit they are right. And I have some reasons to receive this idea.

First of all, telling the truth sometimes will bring us sinful consequences. You can try to imagine that one good person was chased by a group of bad people, and if he been caught, they would murder him. In addition, this poor guy ran into your house and hid. Then, Bad people asked you, “where the person go?”. Would you tell them the truth? Everyone knows that lying is an immoral thing. But if you didn’t lie to the bad people, you would make a fine person get killed. I would lie to them if this terrible thing really happened on me.Because I consider that a person’s life is more valuable than the truth at that time.

Secondly, dishonesty sometimes make people comfortable. For example, if your friend was diagnosed with terminal cancer and the doctor told you that he would die within one year. Would you reveal him the truth?As for me, I would choose to tell him that I don’t know and let someone else to inform him the unpleasant truth,for this can reduce the sense of guilt of telling cruel things to others.

From what I have discussed above, I can draw the conclusion that telling the truth is not always the right choice. Because sometimes the truth is cruel as well as it would bring us unhappy consequences even worse than lying.

July 27, 2020 at 10:24 am

Score: 85

Issues:

1. Make your thesis/argument clearer in the introduction. Why is it better to sometimes not tell the truth?
    2. Simplify sentences – remove unnecessary words
    3. Verb form errors
    4. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    5. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

xiaoyf
    July 28, 2020 at 4:11 am

At childhood, our parents educated us that lying was wrong.However, when we grew up, we also knew that sometimes we had to tell a lie avoiding worse consequences. So, some people have an idea that sometimes it is better not to tell the truth. From my perspective, I admit they are right, for lying has its positive aspect. And I have some reasons to receive this idea.

First of all, telling the truth sometimes will beget unfavorable consequences. For example, a group of bad people was chasing one good person, and if he been caught, they would murder him. Moreover, this poor guy ran into your house and hid. Then, Bad people asked you, “where the person go?”. Would you tell them the truth? Everyone knows that lying is an immortal thing. But if you didn’t lie to them, you would make that person get killed. I would lie to them if this terrible thing happened on me. Because I maintain that a person’s life is more valuable than the truth in some situations.

Secondly, dishonesty sometimes prevent us from embarrassed. For example, if your friend was diagnosed with terminal cancer and the doctor told you that he would die within one year. Would you reveal him the truth? As for me, I would choose to tell him that I don’t know and let someone else inform him the unpleasant news. Because this can reduce the sense of guilt of telling cruel things to others.

From what I have discussed above, I can draw the conclusion that telling the truth is not always the right choice. Because the fact is cruel as well as unhappy in some cases.

July 28, 2020 at 9:33 pm

Score: 86.3

Issues:

1. The example you provide in the second paragraph is confusing, make it more clear.
    2. Some word choice errors, some examples (“And I have some reasons to receive this idea”, “Everyone knows that lying is an immortal thing.”)
    3. Preposition errors
    4. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

xiaoyf
    August 3, 2020 at 10:38 am

In childhood, our parents educated us that lying was wrong. However, when we grew up, we also knew that sometimes we had to tell a lie to avoid worse consequences. So, some people have an idea that sometimes it is better not to tell the truth. From my perspective, I admit they are right, for lying has its positive aspect. And I have some reasons to support the idea.

First of all, telling the truth sometimes will beget unfavorable consequences. For example, a group of bad people was chasing one good person, and they caught him, they would murder him. Moreover, this poor guy ran into your house and hid. Then, Bad people asked you, “where the person go?”. Would you tell them the truth? Everyone knows that lying is an immortal thing. But if you didn’t lie to them, you would make that person get killed. I would lie to them if this terrible thing happened on me. Because I maintain that a person’s life is more valuable than the truth in some situations.

Secondly, dishonesty sometimes prevent us from embarrassed. For example, if your friend was diagnosed with terminal cancer and the doctor told you that he would die within one year. Would you reveal him the truth when he ask you, “what is the doctor said?”. As for me, I would choose to tell him that I don’t know and let someone else inform him the unpleasant news. Because this can reduce the sense of guilt of telling cruel things to others.

From what I have discussed above, I can draw the conclusion that telling the truth is not always the right choice. Because the fact is cruel as well as unhappy in some cases.

August 3, 2020 at 9:41 pm

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Sometimes it is better not to tell the truth. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

In[/during  ] [our  ]childhood, our parents[ often ] educated[ told ] us that lying was wrong. However, when[ After ] we grew[grow  ] up, [however,  ]we also knew[ know ] that sometimes we had[ have ] to tell a lie to avoid worse consequences. [This makes  ]So, some [ /many ]people have an idea [to believe  ]that sometimes [in certain situations  ]it is better not to tell [ hiding ]the truth [might be more appropriate  ]. From my perspective, I admit they are right, for lying has its positive aspect. And I have some reasons to support the idea.[ present a clear thesis ]

First of all, telling the truth sometimes will[absolute statement  ] [ may ]beget unfavorable[undesired  ] consequences[ /ramifications ]. For example, a group of [ some ]bad people was[are  ] chasing one good person, and they caught him,[ punctuation error ] they would murder him. Moreover, this poor guy ran into your house and hid. Then, Bad people asked you, “where the person go?”. Would you tell them the truth? Everyone knows that lying is an immortal thing. But if you didn’t lie to them, you would make that person get killed. I would lie to them if this terrible thing happened on me. Because I maintain that a person’s life is more valuable than the truth in some situations.[ bad writing/ rewrite it ]

Secondly, dishonesty sometimes prevent us from embarrassed. For example, if your friend was diagnosed with terminal cancer and the doctor told you that he would die within one year. Would you reveal him the truth when he ask you, “what is the doctor said?”. As for me, I would choose to tell him that I don’t know and let someone else inform him the unpleasant news. Because this can reduce the sense of guilt of telling cruel things to others.